PDA

View Full Version : Who really gives a ****?

Mr. Chicken
04-29-2004, 02:36 PM
So what....so the cubs get more publicity, more fans, more money, more bull****. I could care less what happens on the northside; what matters is how the sox are doing, and right now I'm pretty pleased. This whole attendance thing gets brought up every year and there's never a solution. These quick-fix gimmick nights are NOT the answer. A true fan base is built not on cheap tickets or dollar dog nights or good-looking stadiums but whether or not your team is a consistent playoff contender. Either that, ot its instilled in your blood to root for the white sox. Notice I say true fan base; as opposed to cheap, phony, trendy, i.e. the majority of cubs fans. The cubs are a celebrity ball team; celebrities sing their seventh-inning strectch, a celebrity manages their team, and a celebrity attempts to play right field...they don't belong in Chicago (the second city), but rather west hollywood among the tinsel townies and plastic surgeons.
Go White Sox

DaveIsHere
04-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Chicken
So what....so the cubs get more publicity, more fans, more money, more bull****. I could care less what happens on the northside; what matters is how the sox are doing, and right now I'm pretty pleased. This whole attendance thing gets brought up every year and there's never a solution. These quick-fix gimmick nights are NOT the answer. A true fan base is built not on cheap tickets or dollar dog nights or good-looking stadiums but whether or not your team is a consistent playoff contender. Either that, ot its instilled in your blood to root for the white sox. Notice I say true fan base; as opposed to cheap, phony, trendy, i.e. the majority of cubs fans. The cubs are a celebrity ball team; celebrities sing their seventh-inning strectch, a celebrity manages their team, and a celebrity attempts to play right field...they don't belong in Chicago (the second city), but rather west hollywood among the tinsel townies and plastic surgeons.
Go White Sox

May God Bless your soul My Child

a moment of silence please.......................

blueeyes33
04-29-2004, 03:21 PM
everyone keeps saying they dont care about attendence.attendence doesnt matter...

ok well didnt JR say that if attendence dont change.than there is no way hes going to spend more money on the team?

this would mean attendence does matter.

Hangar18
04-29-2004, 03:33 PM
I like how everyone keeps saying "quit whining" "attendance doesnt matter" "pay attention to our own team" etc etc.
But Attendance DOES MATTER, and it matters so much in the Fact that the MEDIA will keep bringing up how Were not Real Fans because we dont GO. This is what happens when we
simply IGNORE the problem ................ It just gets worse.
20 something years of Ignoring the Problem certainly didnt
help did it Chairman Reinsdorf ????

Kilroy
04-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I like how everyone keeps saying "quit whining" "attendance doesnt matter" "pay attention to our own team" etc etc.
But Attendance DOES MATTER, and it matters so much in the Fact that the MEDIA will keep bringing up how Were not Real Fans because we dont GO. This is what happens when we
simply IGNORE the problem ................ It just gets worse.
20 something years of Ignoring the Problem certainly didnt
help did it Chairman Reinsdorf ????

Attendance does matter, but it doesn't matter TO US. Here are reasons that we, as Sox fans, should not worry about attendance:

1. Its not our job to create attendance.
2. There is no promotional idea short of 7th inning wet t-shirt stretch that will work every single night.
3. The media (and Cub fans) use attendance as a way to keep Sox fans in their 2nd class state of mind. As long as we believe it, it will be so.
4. The only solution to sagging attendance is winning baseball. Its not our job to create that either.
5. Regardless of appearances, JR is not operating the Sox at a loss. He may not be spending Evil Empire money, but the numbers in the book are black, not red.
6. All the fretting Sox fans have done over attendance has changed nothing.
7. Attendance wins nothing. Look 8 miles north for proof.

If you wanna spend your time fretting about something, fret about the winning. The winning will lead to attendance.

Mr. Chicken
04-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Amen Brother!!!!!!

iwannago
04-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Attendance does matter, but it doesn't matter TO US. Here are reasons that we, as Sox fans, should not worry about attendance:

2. There is no promotional idea short of 7th inning wet t-shirt stretch that will work every single night.
3. The media (and Cub fans) use attendance as a way to keep Sox fans in their 2nd class state of mind. As long as we believe it, it will be so.
4. The only solution to sagging attendance is winning baseball. Its not our job to create that either.
5. Regardless of appearances, JR is not operating the Sox at a loss. He may not be spending Evil Empire money, but the numbers in the book are black, not red.

If you wanna spend your time fretting about something, fret about the winning. The winning will lead to attendance.

Great point!!!

pjthesox13
04-29-2004, 04:20 PM

I think that's the best statement I've heard of attendance yet.

nasox
04-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
May God Bless your soul My Child

a moment of silence please.......................

I may just be really stupid, but i dont get this. Somebody, please explain? :)

PaleHoseGeorge
04-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Chicken
Go White Sox

You're a good Sox Fan. Be fruitful and multiply.

Oh, and welcome aboard. :redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
04-29-2004, 07:11 PM

Chisox_cali
04-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

:spam

:D: :D: :D: