PDA

View Full Version : SOX Record w/Black Jerseys?

Rush20
04-29-2004, 02:27 PM
It appears that the SOX wear the black jerseys more because they tend to win more games with them. How many of their 12 wins came with the BLACK jerseys (both home and away)? I'm just curious. Anyone keeping track?

Personally, the white home pinstripe w/sleeves is my favorite most traditional uniform, however I don't think they have won a game in it this year?!

Baby Fisk
04-29-2004, 02:29 PM
the formula is simple:

COMEBACK BLACKS vs BLOW THE GAME PINSTRIPES.

Foulke You
04-29-2004, 05:34 PM
I believe it is the starting pitcher who selects which jersey they wear. This is why almost every time Loaiza starts, they wear the black jersey. (Same thing for Colon last year-black every start) I've noticed Garland rarely picks the black jerseys.

Rush20
04-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Well, Loaiza is now 4-0 wearing black. Because they won, I bet they wear black again tonight!

wulfy
04-30-2004, 10:43 AM
I think the wore the traditional sleeved pinstripes for the Opening Day winner versus KC, didn't they?

A.T. Money
04-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by wulfy
I think the wore the traditional sleeved pinstripes for the Opening Day winner versus KC, didn't they?

They swept em in those pinstripe unis.

They need to wear the traditionals more often. They should put the diamond white sock logo on the sleeve too. The traditional home is the only one that doesn't have a patch on the sleeve. Too plain.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-30-2004, 10:56 AM
They should also put the Chicago city flag on the sleve or on the back, like where the American flag was put after 9-11

SSN721
04-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
They should also put the Chicago city flag on the sleve or on the back, like where the American flag was put after 9-11

As I have stated in a few other threads, I absolutely love this idea. I wish there was some way that they could incorporate the Chicago Flag somewhere in their unis. Be it a patch on one of the sleeves (which I would prefer) or maybe even on the side of the hats, kinda like the PR flag that is stitched on the side of the Expos hats for their games in PR.

wolcott10
04-30-2004, 01:23 PM
:bcolon

"Wearing black makes me look slimmer on TV."

BeerHandle
04-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I believe it is the starting pitcher who selects which jersey they wear. This is why almost every time Loaiza starts, they wear the black jersey. (Same thing for Colon last year-black every start) I've noticed Garland rarely picks the black jerseys.

You are correct.

South Sider
04-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Here are these years records so far

Black Jerseys = 9-4
White Jerseys = 3-2
Sleeveless = 1-0
Grey Jerseys = 0-2

So the Black ones are for real this year !!!!

Rush20
04-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by South Sider

Black Jerseys = 9-4
White Jerseys = 3-2
Sleeveless = 1-0
Grey Jerseys = 0-2

Thanks! Too bad. The grey jerseys are my favorite. Probably won't see them unless they put together a long road win streak.

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by South Sider

Black Jerseys = 9-4
White Jerseys = 3-2
Sleeveless = 1-0
Grey Jerseys = 0-2

I think the sleeveless should be our default home. Those really look good. And it's kind of a 50s throwback a la Reds and Pirates.

A.T. Money
04-30-2004, 09:20 PM
I don't like the fact that the black jerseys have become our primary jerseys.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
I don't like the fact that the black jerseys have become our primary jerseys.

I agree 100 percent. I don't care how "cool" they look. When you wear them every other day, you begin to look like a stupid softball team.

Limit the black shirts to Sundays only, home or away. That's plenty, IMO.

A.T. Money
04-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I agree 100 percent. I don't care how "cool" they look. When you wear them every other day, you begin to look like a stupid softball team.

Limit the black shirts to Sundays only, home or away. That's plenty, IMO.

Maybe someone should have brought THAT up to Brooks Boyer (lol what can he do?)...