http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=neyer_rob&id=1791458

Bob

pjthesox13
04-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
Got this from ESPN. Interesting read. He thinks the Sox will keep Magglio:

Bob

I think Maggs will stay, he has expressed wanting to finish his career here and the Sox will probably come to terms with him. We need to go after one or some of these guys and see what happens. If anyone has read any of my posts, I apologize because I might be repeating myself but we should go after Vidro. Expos would take some of our non lacking stars or whatever and he would provide another bat and good fielding to the team. I just think this would be an awesome move for the Sox.

SEALgep
04-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by pjthesox13
I think Maggs will stay, he has expressed wanting to finish his career here and the Sox will probably come to terms with him. We need to go after one or some of these guys and see what happens. If anyone has read any of my posts, I apologize because I might be repeating myself but we should go after Vidro. Expos would take some of our non lacking stars or whatever and he would provide another bat and good fielding to the team. I just think this would be an awesome move for the Sox. Vidro would be great, but he's probably going to draw too much interest from teams like the Yanks and Bo Sox. The price will be driven too high. We'll see though.

doublem23
04-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Oh great, these are the same numbnuts who pegged roughly 3 out of 50 free agents right according to their speculations this past off-season.

nodiggity59
04-29-2004, 10:05 AM
I just wonder when we're gonna give up on Wee Wee and ARow... seems like a matter of time despite Kenny's pride

pjthesox13
04-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
I just wonder when we're gonna give up on Wee Wee and ARow... seems like a matter of time despite Kenny's pride

Yeah those guys have a crosshair on them. Should there be anymore names to that list?

SEALgep
04-29-2004, 10:19 AM
I just wonder when we're gonna give up on Wee Wee and ARow... seems like a matter of time despite Kenny's pride I'm less worried about Rowand, he's made some pretty good plays. Besides, Reed is right around the corner. I still have confidence in Willie, but sooner than later he's going to have to get on base consistently. Again though, with Valentin coming back, Uribe should be fine in that spot as well.

habibharu
04-29-2004, 10:22 AM
i think that the sox would be better of letting mags go and signing renteria or cabrera. unless of course they can afford both maggs and a SS

Lip Man 1
04-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Dan Wright is in the crosshairs.

Lip

SEALgep
04-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
i think that the sox would be better of letting mags go and signing renteria or cabrera. unless of course they can afford both maggs and a SS Not a Uribe fan?

Randar68
04-29-2004, 01:27 PM

Timo's playing 2 days in a Row.

Rowand booting the ball in the ninth as well as taking circular routes to anything hit at hit and not being able to consistently hit the target with his throws...

pjthesox13
04-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Timo's playing 2 days in a Row.

Rowand booting the ball in the ninth as well as taking circular routes to anything hit at hit and not being able to consistently hit the target with his throws...

At least Ozzie ain't afraid to make a decision, I say go with Timo for now as well.

Iwritecode
04-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I'm less worried about Rowand, he's made some pretty good plays.

Aaron is that you?

I've noticed the FOC are dropping like flies the past couple of weeks. I think you're just about the last one...

iwannago
04-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Got this from ESPN. Interesting read. He thinks the Sox will keep Magglio:

Bob

Talking about the 2005 free agents now is like the 7th day of a 7 day weather forecast. So much could change between now and than.