PDA

View Full Version : An interesting BALCO article

gosox41
04-29-2004, 07:06 AM
There's an interesting article on the BALCO scandal in Playboy Magazine. It talks a lot about how the investigation got started and also mentioned that the Feds supoenaed major league baseball for samples of tests for certain players. I know that some have thought the owners leaked out the results of the players, but the Feds had a court order for them. It gives some good background info if you haven't been following the case that close.

I believe it's in the May issue. A friend of mine at work made me a copy of the article since it's prohbably not a good idea for me to have a Playboy magazine sitting open on my desk.

Bob

Deadguy
04-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Playboy has articles?!?! :o:

Dadawg_77
04-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
There's an interesting article on the BALCO scandal in Playboy Magazine. It talks a lot about how the investigation got started and also mentioned that the Feds supoenaed major league baseball for samples of tests for certain players. I know that some have thought the owners leaked out the results of the players, but the Feds had a court order for them. It gives some good background info if you haven't been following the case that close.

I believe it's in the May issue. A friend of mine at work made me a copy of the article since it's prohbably not a good idea for me to have a Playboy magazine sitting open on my desk.

Bob

The players thought there wasn't a connection between whose urine was whose. Thus there should have been no way MLB to comply with subpoena because they couldn't know which urine belong to a player.