PDA

View Full Version : Purdue Sox Callout

joeynach
04-29-2004, 12:53 AM
If you are at purdue like me I suggest we organize a callout here this weekend to get together and root on our beloved team at a local establishment. Its really funny to see how since the cubs run last year this dinky little town and its people are automatic die hard cub fans with signs and posters and hats everywhere. Its time to show em up. So if any of you are out there we can meet at BW3, hooters, Jakes, Brothers, doesn't matter and watch the game this weekend.

Im talking about Purdue in West Lafayette.

Hangar18
04-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Glad to hear this Joeynach ........... I know we have fans near
LaFayette, lets go, roll call here .

bestkosher
04-29-2004, 10:04 AM
http://thm-ar1r2.search.vip.scd.yahoo.com/image/457100735

so you are not calling out the guy with chicken on his mind

joeynach
04-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by bestkosher
http://thm-ar1r2.search.vip.scd.yahoo.com/image/457100735

so you are not calling out the guy with chicken on his mind

Original, not like i haven't heard that before.

faneidde
04-29-2004, 02:31 PM
I'm in. If there are enough of us we might even be able to convince Jakes (or anywhere else) to put it up on one of the big screens, not a little side TV.

joeynach
04-29-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by faneidde
I'm in. If there are enough of us we might even be able to convince Jakes (or anywhere else) to put it up on one of the big screens, not a little side TV.

Yeah good call, spread the word!

Over By There
04-29-2004, 05:37 PM
If I was still in school, I'd be right there with you. Go Boilers (and Sox)!

LuvSox
04-29-2004, 06:56 PM
I was there last fall for the Purdue/ND game. Every bar I went into had a large assortment of loser Cub fans acting like idiots. As a matter of fact, I believe that was the same day the Cubbies clinched a playoff spot. Yikes.

faneidde
04-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
I was there last fall for the Purdue/ND game. Every bar I went into had a large assortment of loser Cub fans acting like idiots. As a matter of fact, I believe that was the same day the Cubbies clinched a playoff spot. Yikes.
My 21st birthday last year was the day before game 7 of the NLCS. Needless to say I went Oct. 15 decked out in Sox gear and was the only person in the bar cheering the for the Fish. I almost got tossed for doing it too. :gulp:

joeynach
04-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by faneidde
My 21st birthday last year was the day before game 7 of the NLCS. Needless to say I went Oct. 15 decked out in Sox gear and was the only person in the bar cheering the for the Fish. I almost got tossed for doing it too. :gulp:

This place erupted in bandwagon fans as soon as the cubs made the playoffs. SO many students in cub gear, rooting for the cubs, the bars packed with so called cub fans. They were all bandwagon fans. They feel since they get WGN and we are somewhat close to Chicago this makes them all of a sudden die hard cub fans. It was amazing to walk around campus and see how big the bandwagon got. I remember talking to a lot of people with the retro cub hats on and saying when did you get that hat yesterday and they would say yes. Pathetic losers, from small towns in indiana that dont know the meaning of baseball.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Let's all run around Cary Quadrangle in our underwear!

Whoops... that's only for winter. Never mind.

:smile:

Max Power
04-29-2004, 09:03 PM
I went to IU and met quite a few Sox fans there. Mostly people from Northwest Indiana. Seems like Purdue would have quite a few Sox fans too? Good luck.

Oh yeah, Boilers suck! :D:

hollywood99
04-29-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm probably in. Is it going to be Jakes??? Which day???

This has always been a Cubs town, I've lived here for 6 years. There seems to be a line about 40-50 miles north of here where Cubs territory becomes Sox territory (meaning more than 10% sox fans). I don't go to Purdue, but my wife works there. I have always seen the crappy cubs banners on people's front porches around town each summer. I have noticed a lot more brand new scrubs hats and jerseys on campus this year, though. I drive by with my windows down, beep, and yell "CUBS SUCK!!" at as many as I can. If we could get more people to do that around the Lafayette area, it might get noticed.

joeynach
04-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by hollywood99
I'm probably in. Is it going to be Jakes??? Which day???

This has always been a Cubs town, I've lived here for 6 years. There seems to be a line about 40-50 miles north of here where Cubs territory becomes Sox territory (meaning more than 10% sox fans). I don't go to Purdue, but my wife works there. I have always seen the crappy cubs banners on people's front porches around town each summer. I have noticed a lot more brand new scrubs hats and jerseys on campus this year, though. I drive by with my windows down, beep, and yell "CUBS SUCK!!" at as many as I can. If we could get more people to do that around the Lafayette area, it might get noticed.

Me and my buddy are organizing this. We are planning for saturday night, the game is on WGN. Its a 6:05 start in chicago. We are planning for Jakes, but will update here later for the official word.

joeynach
04-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
Me and my buddy are organizing this. We are planning for saturday night, the game is on WGN. Its a 6:05 start in chicago. We are planning for Jakes, but will update here later for the official word.

Keep in my mind jakes is a sports bar, but you dont have to be 21 to get in until later. So if you are not 21 you can come too.

MANelson85
04-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
Keep in my mind jakes is a sports bar, but you dont have to be 21 to get in until later. So if you are not 21 you can come too.

I would be there but I have to work. Maybe some other time.