PDA

View Full Version : Granton Coupon Books coming back

ewokpelts
04-29-2004, 12:09 AM
According to my ticket rep, teh Granton coupon books are making a comeback. I dont know anymore details aside from thier return.
Gene

pinwheels3530
04-29-2004, 01:25 AM
What are granton coupon books?

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-29-2004, 01:28 AM
Last year for $20 or something, you got a book of a lot of coupons for buy 1 get 1 free tickets. Sorry my description is bad but I can't really remember the exact details. This is great news for non season ticket holders.

CHISOXFAN13
04-29-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Last year for $20 or something, you got a book of a lot of coupons for buy 1 get 1 free tickets. Sorry my description is bad but I can't really remember the exact details. This is great news for non season ticket holders.

In addition to the buy one get one free coupons, there were also two free lower deck box coupons included. I must have saved $250 last year alone in the last two months.

I'm ecstatic.

jabrch
04-29-2004, 01:58 AM
That's fantastic. The Granton coupons were an amazing deal. For 27$ or something like that, you get 2 free lowers + 20 buy 1, get one free tickets for any seats in the park.

Nobody can complain about the cost of going to games at that price.

Bobby Thigpen
04-29-2004, 08:42 AM
If anyone gets any info on these please post it on here. I'd love to pick up a book of those. I may make even more than my normal 7-10 games if their that cheap.

ewokpelts
04-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
If anyone gets any info on these please post it on here. I'd love to pick up a book of those. I may make even more than my normal 7-10 games if their that cheap.

I think I'm going to contact the Granton people about selling the packages. If I do, I'll post info to buy directly from me.
Gene

southsidesoxfan1
04-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Fantastic news. Last year my wife was working in Hyde Park and she said that these guys came into her store with these booklets for 1/2 price tickets. She didn't buy it cause she was short of the 20 something bucks she needed. She came home and told me about it, and I told her don't worry it's probably to good to be true. Then by september I was scooping out the sox site and found a page about the coupon booklets. I was P.O.'d to say the least. These things are too good to be true. Two lower bowl tickets for a game and then 20 half price coupons that could be used for any game of the season can't be beat. Good work ewokpelts, I'm going to get a couple these once they start selling em. :gulp:

IlliniSox
04-29-2004, 11:30 AM
I think last year, those geniouses realized the most revenue isn't in the tickets. It's the concessions and parking etc...

BeerHandle
04-29-2004, 11:35 AM
These were a great idea. The attendance picked up after these books came out.

Randar68
04-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by IlliniSox
I think last year, those geniouses realized the most revenue isn't in the tickets. It's the concessions and parking etc...

Isn't that the whole point to Kids day, the now dead 1/2 price Mondays and the 1/2 price Pepsi Tuesdays?

It wasn't an overnight revelation. They let the season get going, see how ticket sales look, then they offer something like this to try to get the next group of fence-sitters into the park.

Brian26
04-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Question about the buy one/get one free offer.

If you bought a ticket for Monday's game, for example, could your free ticket be for Tuesday's game? Or does it have to be for the same game?

ewokpelts
04-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Question about the buy one/get one free offer.

If you bought a ticket for Monday's game, for example, could your free ticket be for Tuesday's game? Or does it have to be for the same game?

never tried that....i dont think there were any stipulations attached to it....but i think they didnt accept them on mondays anyway...since it was already half off
Gene

Brian26
04-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
never tried that....i dont think there were any stipulations attached to it....but i think they didnt accept them on mondays anyway...since it was already half off
Gene

I'm curious about this. Anyone else know? Can the free ticket be for another game?

southsidesoxfan1
04-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Don't think they were buy one get one free. They were coupons for a half price ticket. Thats why they wouldn't take them for Monday games.

southsidesoxfan1
04-29-2004, 02:03 PM
I was checking to see what info I could find from last year about the books and this is what I found on the sox site. I think it was posted sometime in july because the link has ticket buttons available to some value days in July. I guess I was wrong, the coupons were for buy one get one free. Hopefully it doesn't take them that long to release the books. Here's the link, remember it's from last year. Also, notice that last year there were 9 half price Mondays, compared to the measly 4 offered this year.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/schedule/cws_schedule_specials.jsp?club_context=cws

The Chicago White Sox have partnered with Granton Marketing to offer Chicagoans the chance to get free and discounted tickets to upcoming White Sox home games. For $21.99, fans can purchase a ticket package booklet, valued at $460.00, containing two coupons for one free game ticket and fifteen buy one, get one free coupons redeemable for any available seat to any remaining 2003 game at U.S. Cellular Field. The ticket packages can be purchased by calling (800) 775-1975.