PDA

View Full Version : Jeter and A-Rod

JC456
04-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Jeter 0 for 32 and A-Rod batting a buck something. Now that is priceless.

stillz
04-28-2004, 11:31 PM
I agree in reality. In fantasy, Jeter is killing me.

SoxxoS
04-28-2004, 11:38 PM
I think their past history tells us they will turn it around.

JC456
04-28-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I think their past history tells us they will turn it around.

Jeter's worst and A-Rod's worst start of their careers. Sometimes you just never know!!

oheeoh...magglio
04-29-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by stillz

Drafting Derek Jeter for a fantasy baseball team is not a wise move at all....

Saracen
04-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by JC456
Jeter's worst and A-Rod's worst start of their careers. Sometimes you just never know!!
Let me tell you about A-Rod. He was absolutely atrocious last year in April & May too. Until the Rangers were buried so deep they had no chance to get back in it. Then he turned it on. That seems to be his M.O. - big numbers when the pressure's off.

JC456
04-29-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Saracen
Let me tell you about A-Rod. He was absolutely atrocious last year in April & May too. Until the Rangers were buried so deep they had no chance to get back in it. Then he turned it on. That seems to be his M.O. - big numbers when the pressure's off.

I don't know the numbers, but I'd say hitting a buck 63 with 3 home runs at the end of April, has to be the worst start of his career. Remember, he is playing out of position. And what about his fielding at third?

Patrick134
04-29-2004, 12:44 AM
I wouldnt start engraving the mvp trophy yet, but a-rod's average is already up to .253.

pjthesox13
04-29-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Drafting Derek Jeter for a fantasy baseball team is not a wise move at all....

You could go either way on that one, being on the Yankees (And I hate saying this) does have potential for a lot of run support.

On the A-Rod note, all sources say he takes a couple weeks to a month to heat up but I love the way he is playing right now!

Clembasbal
04-29-2004, 12:52 PM
I am not worried about AROD (though I drafted him #1 in both of my fantasy leagues -- how I got that position twice amazes me).

But, Jeter I am worried about - for fantasy purposes. He is getting booed and the fans are ripping on him saying that AROD should play SS and all that jazz.

I say Jeter tells the fans to shut up and he stinks all year, moves to 2B and AROD takes over SS and hits 35-100-.280

pjthesox13
04-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Clembasbal
I am not worried about AROD (though I drafted him #1 in both of my fantasy leagues -- how I got that position twice amazes me).

But, Jeter I am worried about - for fantasy purposes. He is getting booed and the fans are ripping on him saying that AROD should play SS and all that jazz.

I say Jeter tells the fans to shut up and he stinks all year, moves to 2B and AROD takes over SS and hits 35-100-.280

What Karma did you get to have number one picks in two leagues!

I thought I was doing well and I picked second in mine!

Jeter will probably come around sooner or later, I think he is feeling the sting of not being NY's main young star anymore. Is he batting leadoff as well?

Clembasbal
04-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by pjthesox13
What Karma did you get to have number one picks in two leagues!

I thought I was doing well and I picked second in mine!

Jeter will probably come around sooner or later, I think he is feeling the sting of not being NY's main young star anymore. Is he batting leadoff as well?

I think the Karma has come from me being destroyed the last three years I have been in fantasy baseball, even though I am a stathead and know a ton about baseball...I just can't win fantasy.

And Jeter is leading off, and last night he could have won the game but grounded out to first with the basesloaded in the 8th.

pjthesox13
04-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Clembasbal
I think the Karma has come from me being destroyed the last three years I have been in fantasy baseball, even though I am a stathead and know a ton about baseball...I just can't win fantasy.

I hear you on that one man. It seems though that it does take a couple years to get used to fantasy in general.

I posted some stuff on the Fantasy Island.

Check it out, if you would.

Clembasbal
04-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by pjthesox13
Check it out, if you would.

Don't mind if Ido!

Also, not to say that I suck, but I have been doing fasntasy baseball since I was 16...and I am not 23, I have one it once on ESPN - high enough to earn a free TV when I was 17, but since then I have gone downhill and I have way more freetime.

Cubbiesuck13
04-29-2004, 05:01 PM

sounds like he has ShaMEitis. If I was A-rod, i would look into that. Next thing you know he is at a press conference cyring about 'just wanting to make the fans happy, honest i only used it during bacting practice'

Dadawg_77
04-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by stillz

I have them both. They are keeping me in middle of the pack.

pjthesox13
04-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I have them both. They are keeping me in middle of the pack.

I can't believe how many people ending up with both of them!

Kind of crazy.