PDA

View Full Version : I love the SOX so much that.....

pinwheels3530
04-28-2004, 09:07 PM
That on my son's 5th birthday last week I through him a white sox b-day party (he originally wanted sponge bob but I got him to change his mind) We decorated the house with black and white balloons and ribbons. I also had last years all star game logo with the pinwheels and fireworks decorated on his cake but instead of saying all star game I had them put happy birthday peter( my son's name) everyone at his party loved the way it looked. I would love to hear some replies from members on this board on how they show their sox love!

JohnBasedowYoda
04-28-2004, 09:09 PM
I love the sox so much that i .....got a billy koch tatoo

jordan23ventura
04-28-2004, 09:14 PM
I love the White Sox so much that I.... pay $20.00 for parking and $5.25 for a beer.

WinningUgly!
04-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
That on my son's 5th birthday last week I through him a white sox b-day party (he originally wanted sponge bob but I got him to change his mind) We decorated the house with black and white balloons and ribbons. I also had last years all star game logo with the pinwheels and fireworks decorated on his cake but instead of saying all star game I had them put happy birthday peter( my son's name) everyone at his party loved the way it looked. I would love to hear some replies from members on this board on how they show their sox love!

That's great!

I love the Sox so much that I put up a replica scoreboard as a backdrop to my swimming pool.

Nah, I wish I could take credit for this, but it is actually a house a few blocks down the street from me.

santo=dorf
04-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
That's great!

I love the Sox so much that I put up a replica scoreboard as a backdrop to my swimming pool.

Nah, I wish I could take credit for this, but it is actually a house a few blocks down the street from me.

:reinsy

"They didn't sell the naming rights? Fools!"

voodoochile
04-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
That on my son's 5th birthday last week I through him a white sox b-day party (he originally wanted sponge bob but I got him to change his mind)...

Ooooo.... I don't want to see that therapy bill in 13 years...

Oh what the heck am I talking about. He's bound to be a Sox fan. That almost guarantees therapy somewhere down the line...

Good luck, Peter. It isn't easy being one of us, but at least theirs integrity...

I've screamed "Fire Jerry Manuel" at a customer service rep as I was stomping out of the park after he cost the Sox another game last year. Does that count?

stillz
04-28-2004, 10:26 PM
I love 'em so much that when an ignorant friend bought my newborn daughter a CUBS road jersey (thinking it was sox), I got visibly upset and said we'd have to return it. My wife was pissed, but that was my natural reaction! What can ya do?

NonetheLoaiza
04-28-2004, 11:15 PM
old school white sox tattoo on my right arm. best decision i ever made.

hempsox
04-28-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by stillz
I love 'em so much that when an ignorant friend bought my newborn daughter a CUBS road jersey (thinking it was sox), I got visibly upset and said we'd have to return it. My wife was pissed, but that was my natural reaction! What can ya do?

My mother in law did this also. She then followed that up with a yankme onesie. They were last seen in a box marked "GARAGE SALE".

My wife thought it would be funny to dress Marc (son's name) up in said Cubs jersey. After the fight she didn't dress him up in the Yankme rag. I seriously thought about having him cleansed with sage.

Frankfan4life
04-29-2004, 12:28 AM
I love the Sox so much that when I go to Dominick's I buy two bags of White Sox peanuts instead of one. I also bought two Sox tissue boxes today and a Sox bumper sticker from Dominick's.

I also wore my Sox jersey to Florida and I wear my Sox necklace to work on a regular basis.

I love the Sox so much that I never miss a game if I can help it. I'm either at the game, watching it on television or listening to them on radio.

I'm also making sure that my grandson is a Sox fan by talking-up the Sox to him, taking him to games and buying him Sox gear to wear.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-29-2004, 12:31 AM
I love the sox so much that I searched on google for white sox fansites and I stumbled upon the BEST white sox site on the super information highway: WHITE SOX INTERACTIVE! :)

pinwheels3530
04-29-2004, 12:41 AM
I take my nephew, nieces, little cousins all to sox games to make sure they all become fans. I love kid sundays $1 tickets :D:

hsnterprize
04-29-2004, 06:28 AM
My oldest boy, 2-year-old Joshua, and I often watch Sox games on TV together, and I'm dreaming of the day when I take him to his first Sox game. If he's like me, he'll marvel at how U.S. Cellular Field looks, and that'll get him hooked on the team despite his grandfather (dad-in-law) being a big Cubs fan.

The father-in-law was cleaning out a house where someone passed away, and was able to collect a bunch of kids clothing. One of the items was a baby-sized T-shirt looking like a Cubs jersey. Neither Josh, or my 9-month-old boy Nathan, will ever wear that piece of trash. Shortly after we got it, Josh used it to dust the screen of my bedroom TV, and then I tore it up. He smiled, and so did I. My wife could only laugh. Now I'm teaching him to say, "Go White Sox!!!!!" He can say it, too...and quite well for a 2-year-old.

anewman35
04-29-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Frankfan4life
I love the Sox so much that when I go to Dominick's I buy two bags of White Sox peanuts instead of one. I also bought two Sox tissue boxes today and a Sox bumper sticker from Dominick's.

Hehe, I bought some White Sox peanuts and White Sox tissue at Dominick's, too. Sadly, (although not surprisingly, considering I live in the north suburbs), I appear to be the only person who has. Oh well.

bestkosher
04-29-2004, 08:02 AM
that no only have I convereted my wife to beinga sox fan but WE are decorating our office in an entire white sox Motif and she likes it that way.

btw: She (being my wife) even insults cub fans a her workplace now.

I have the healing powers of the SOX spirit

in the name of the magglio the ozzie and the big hurt

a-win

24thStFan
04-29-2004, 08:03 AM
I planned our family vacation around the Minnesota series in July. After the 1000 mile roadtrip and $300 worth of tickets and parking passes--we're going to watch the Sox crush the Twinkies.

I know it will be the best vacation I ever had.

wdelaney72
04-29-2004, 09:55 AM
I love the Sox so much that...

When I went to the Bears draft day party at Soldier Field, I wore my black batting practice jersey (#30 Ordonez) and was shown on NBC 5 Sports Page show!

Go Sox!

I too, have experienced the receiving of a cubs outfit for a baby. I promptly hid it in the closet (out of my wife's sight) and threw it in the trash at the first opportunity.

wdelaney72
04-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
That's great!

Unbelievable!

doublem23
04-29-2004, 10:08 AM
I love the Sox so much I will fight, scratch, and claw to the best of my ability to make sure my two kid cousins (one is 5, the other 2) don't follow in the footsteps of the rest of my family and become Sox fans. Luckily my aunt is a Sox fan (she married into the family) so the two of us have at least convince my 5-year-old cousin to hop on the bandwagon.

Clembasbal
04-29-2004, 10:21 AM
I love the Sox so much that.... at the ripe age of 19 I got season tickets and I still have them at the age of 23.

I have converted a one-time diehard Cubs fan, who was also a bleacher bum (I kid you not) throughout the late '60s and early '70s and his wife (my parents).

I did the opposite of so many of you guys, and bought White Sox gear for my youngest of counsins - I am sure the Scub fan families just toss them.

I went to Wrigley last year, with some of my friends, and wore a Sox hat and jersey...best part about it was that the Cubs played the Phillies.

I have been to 22 major league stadiums since '00 and in every single one I have worn my Sox jersey...only to be asked several times who are the Sox? And aren't you a Cub fan?

I just love the Sox...period.