PDA

View Full Version : great DAY for a ballgame!

pinwheels3530
04-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Just got back from the game with my son and had a great time! It was windy today but still warm, the sox came from behind to win against the hated tribe. I didn't have to pay for parking cause i parked on Halsted and walked a couple a blocks(10 minute walk). Sitting in the upper deck behind home plate I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the view of the sox players wearing their black uniforms with the green grass and green padding in the back drop is the best! The concourse up there is beautiful with all the new paintings of white sox history, walking down the ramp exiting gate 5 you get a beautiful view of the Chicago skyline (maybe they should not knock down that ramp), the kids outside of the gate that were playing on the buckets were very talented (they should get them inside the park to perform for the crowd like they did at the bulls game) and a lot a people stopped to watch. The walk back to Halsted on 35th street was fun everyone was smiling at my 5yr old with his new Loiaza jersey on and I couldn't help to admire how much bridgeport has changed (it's still changing and developing)and how it really represents a true Chicago neighborhood. I am glad I took my son out of school today to attend our beloved white sox game! Once again I didn't pay for parking! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Cellview22
04-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Glad you had a great time out there. Where exactly on Halsted did you park? I might have to do that next time.

blueeyes33
04-28-2004, 06:52 PM
what do you mean its changed? u make it sound like it was a bad area and is now becoming better?

nothing has changed.its the same it has always been for a while now.

are you sure youve been around here before?

except for the fact that halsted is slowly deteriorating (however you spell it) and countless rumors of business's being opened up are just proving to be rumors and only rumors.

of course they ARE now going to build the police station on 31st.

pinwheels3530
04-28-2004, 08:01 PM
I parked right by 35th st paid the meter and walked to the game. Look blueyes I am a season ticket holder so I walk through bridgeport on 35th all the time or take the red line to the game. Why are YOU making it seem like I said something wrong.
There is beautiful new houses along all the side streets that people can see walking to the game. I stop at grandstand for souvenirs, at O malley's for food. I am just trying to kill the perception that it's dangerous to walk to a sox game cause it's not! I grew up in pilsen and now live in berwyn so i know about city neighborhoods I appreciate bridgeport for what it is a real city neighborhood, it's not trendy but it's real. See that's the problem with some sox fans like bluecheese they always want to make something negative out of something positive. I am not going to let you ruin the great time I had with my son at the park today, you grouch go sox!!

Brian26
04-28-2004, 08:02 PM
What a game for your 5 yr old son to attend. He'll probably remember today fondly for years and years to come.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by blueeyes33
what do you mean its changed? u make it sound like it was a bad area and is now becoming better?

nothing has changed.its the same it has always been for a while now.

are you sure youve been around here before?

except for the fact that halsted is slowly deteriorating (however you spell it) and countless rumors of business's being opened up are just proving to be rumors and only rumors.

of course they ARE now going to build the police station on 31st.

it is changing man. every summer i come back to work down 35th street and notice some changes.

soxwon
04-28-2004, 08:53 PM
i used to park by MARYS TAP on 33rd, id go in and get a few then get a free parking pass, marys tap closed down about 3 years ago, does anyone know why?
carlton fisk used to come in after games, it did get crowded during the summer.
what happened to mary?

DrummerGeorgefan
04-28-2004, 08:56 PM
Glad you guys that went had a good time. I would have gone, but I had a Contracts final that lasted 5 hours...urgh.....but we won.