PDA

View Full Version : "real" sox are back

pudge
04-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Nice drop by Maggs, second screw up by him in two days.

We're back to the kind of baseball that makes me want to tune out for a few days until they get their flippin' act together.

Disgusting.

kittle42
04-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Luckily, I'll be in St. Louis this weekend and can miss three straight games!

DaveIsHere
04-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I usually tick my self off as I follow every game, and they are playing like crap again.

Actually there are smaller flashes of them being good than of playing like crap/

I would say 80% crap 20% good.

pudge
04-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Well ya know, sometimes you're just not supposed to watch... I came home after the Sox scored 4 runs last night, and proceeded to watch them blow the game. I thought to myself, "What am I, a curse?" Then I started watching today's game, only to see them go down 8-2. I turn it off in disgust and decide to get some work done instead.

I'm not watching tomorrow.

LASOXFAN
04-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by pudge

We're back to the kind of baseball that makes me want to tune out for a few days until they get their flippin' act together.

Disgusting.

Might want to stick around for the whole game next time.

:kermit

SoxBoy14
04-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN

:kermit

***?

Baby Fisk
04-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Well ya know, sometimes you're just not supposed to watch... I came home after the Sox scored 4 runs last night, and proceeded to watch them blow the game. I thought to myself, "What am I, a curse?" Then I started watching today's game, only to see them go down 8-2. I turn it off in disgust and decide to get some work done instead.

I feel bad for those unfortunate fans who -- for whatever karmic reasons the universe has chosen -- are bestowed with a jinx that hurts the Sox whenever they watch Sox games. We should all take a moment to offer our thoughts and sympathies to fans like pudge, who suffer this cosmic tragedy with so many other fans.

Pudge: we are thinking of you...AND FOR ****'S SAKE STOP WATCHING THE GAMES!!! :D:

Hopefully nothing prevents you from... :gulp:

chisox06
04-28-2004, 05:34 PM

Disgusting.

How THOSE words taste?

fquaye149
04-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
How THOSE words taste?

We shouldn't have to come back from a 4 run deficit in the 9th.

We still played "poopy" for the first half of the game

chisox06
04-28-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
We shouldn't have to come back from a 4 run deficit in the 9th.

We still played "poopy" for the first half of the game

I agree, but the irony is that Pudge gave up on this one, and well he shouldnt have.

delben91
04-28-2004, 05:46 PM
I agree, but the irony is that Pudge gave up on this one, and well he shouldnt have.

Can't say I really blame pudge. With the way the bullpen was going last night, once the Jndjans went up 6 I figured the Sox were done too. Thrilled with out it turned out though! :)

JorgeFabregas
04-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Ha. This thread is great.

pudge
04-28-2004, 06:19 PM
How THOSE words taste?

They taste yummy.

pearso66
04-28-2004, 07:12 PM
I have to say, I don't think I've watched a White Sox winner this year either. Whether it be on gamecast or TV. I think every game thats been televised here they have lost. And of course the games that started before my class and didnt end until I got out, we've lost EVERY one of those. But now that class is done so hopefully that will end.

I AM THE JINX!!!

chisox06
04-28-2004, 09:30 PM
They taste yummy.

LOL, well hey man I'll give ya credit, you replied to your post that takes some balls. And hey the sox won so its all good.

samram
04-28-2004, 09:52 PM
I was a definite jinx today. I left for class right after the end of the 8th inning. And I wasn't watching when Uribe and Crede homered.

JC456
04-28-2004, 11:43 PM

If my wife read this posting, she would say I wrote this. I've noticed quite a few WSFans feel this way. Me being one of them as I said.

I can't tell you how many times I turn on the game and something negative happens within the first three minutes watching. I actually found watching the game in my bedroom after I already watched them blow a lead in the family room, ends up in a WS loser. I think that stat is 0 for 2000. Yet I did it again last night. I watch Marte walk the batter in the 8th that extended the inning for Cleveland to tie it. Then went to bed and watched Atkins get squeezed by the home plate ump with one out in the 10th and the next pitch is a swinging bunt past the mound and Uribe couldn't get there in time to throw the hitter out. Then, the roof caves in.

And Kerry Woods complains.