PDA

View Full Version : New Lineup

onenine19
04-28-2004, 11:38 AM
When Valentin comes back

1.CF Reed L - we need someone to get on base and play a better CF
2.LF Lee R - spot in lineup where he hits the best(in front of Mags and Frank)
3.RF Ordonez R - our best player
4.DH Thomas R - protect Mags
5.1B Konerko R - his speed is great for the middle of the lineup - ha ha
6.SS Valentin L - lefty bat breaks up all the righties
7.2B Uribe R - provides power and speed to the bottom of the lineup(great pickup)
8.3B Crede R - will turn it around dangerous no.8 hitter
9.C Olivo R - second leadoff man

I think this lineup would maximize all the offensive talent we have. what do you think?

Fridaythe13thJason
04-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by onenine19
When Valentin comes back

7.2B Uribe R - provides power and speed to the bottom of the lineup(great pickup)

I think this lineup would maximize all the offensive talent we have. what do you think?

If its best to have Reed up here (which I don't know) then I love that lineup. It's the lineup I have in my MVP baseball season.

jabrch
04-28-2004, 11:40 AM
I am not ready to bring up Reed yet. I want to give Rowand another 20 games. He really hasn't been that bad - not as bad as I expected he was. (Not that good either - but he isnt the problem)

When Valentin comes back

SEALgep
04-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Reed could lead off and maybe it would be best with our lineup, but ideally he's a #2 hitter. I think Uribe has shown he could lead off since Willie hasn't been getting it done. I think I would have Uribe lead off.

SEALgep
04-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
I am not ready to bring up Reed yet. I want to give Rowand another 20 games. He really hasn't been that bad - not as bad as I expected he was. (Not that good either - but he isnt the problem) I agree, I like Rowand and he's been very good defensively IMO. However, he's more of a power hitter than an average hitter, and right now, that's what we need. Since Reed is a lefty, I would also say Perez would be the odd man out.

pjthesox13
04-28-2004, 11:45 AM
When Valentin comes back

This is my take on the lineup:

1. Uribe - He gets on base and has some speed, more experience
2. Reed - If he hits good then here
3. Maggs - Obivious
4. Thomas - Obivious
5. Lee - Get something started might see some better pitches
6. Valentin - Good spot for Lefty, agreed
7. Konerko - Banishment to the bottom, See if it helps
8. Crede - Good 8th spot, agreed
9. Olivo - Good 9th spot, agreed

CHISOXFAN13
04-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I agree, I like Rowand and he's been very good defensively IMO. However, he's more of a power hitter than an average hitter, and right now, that's what we need. Since Reed is a lefty, I would also say Perez would be the odd man out.

I have always been a big Rowand backer, but I'm not sure I can watch him play centefield anymore. He butchered two plays where he tool awful angles to the ball yesterday.

I'm starting to side with those who say he's a lousy centerfielder.

BigFrankFan
04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
I don't see them bringing up Reed & benching Rowand right now.
It's true he's near the bottom in production but so is Crede & I don't
see them panicking in either spot.

When Val comes back, Harris is gone & Uribe is in at 2B.

Order:
Uribe(2B), Va(ss), Maggs(rf), Frank(dh), Koney(1b), Lee(lf), Olivo(c), Crede(3b), Rowand(cf)

HomerCoach
04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
1.2B Uribe R
2.LF Lee R
3.RF Ordonez R
4.DH Thomas R
5.1B Konerko R
6.C Olivo R
7.CF Reed L
8.3B Crede R
9.SS Valentin L

Brian26
04-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I have always been a big Rowand backer, but I'm not sure I can watch him play centefield anymore. He butchered two plays where he tool awful angles to the ball yesterday.

I've wavered on this back and forth, but I saw signs of his really bad play last year (i.e. the ill-advised somersault throws to the plate, completely missing the cut-off man, and usually sailing into the stands). He really does get terrible jumps and just can't read balls like a true centefielder should. I'm leaning towards Reed or someone else at this point.

SEALgep
04-28-2004, 12:43 PM

I'm starting to side with those who say he's a lousy centerfielder. Although I disagree that he is a defensive liability, I think we'll be seeing Reed in CF by mid season, asssuming his bat continues to produce. Nothing less than .400 will accepted.

SEALgep
04-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by HomerCoach
1.2B Uribe R
2.LF Lee R
3.RF Ordonez R
4.DH Thomas R
5.1B Konerko R
6.C Olivo R
7.CF Reed L
8.3B Crede R
9.SS Valentin L I think this may be the best approach, because even if Reed is hitting great in AAA, you don't want to pressure him to the point where we count on him to produce at the two spot in his debut. This could spark Lee as well, he seems to like that two spot and I like what he's done there.

Mickster
04-28-2004, 12:46 PM

I actually counted 3 plays. Just seems that he does not get a good jump on the ball and he runs a bad route and then has to over-compensate for his positioning failure.

3 outs that could have been with a better defensive center fielder. Cost us a lot yesterday.

SEALgep
04-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
I actually counted 3 plays. Just seems that he does not get a good jump on the ball and he runs a bad route and then has to over-compensate for his positioning failure.

3 outs that could have been with a better defensive center fielder. Cost us a lot yesterday. He cost us one run. We lost by 4, so I wouldn't be saying Rowand cost us the game or anything. Don't forget about the throw out he made that saved us a run either.

WWIII
04-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by pjthesox13
This is my take on the lineup:

7. Konerko - Banishment to the bottom, See if it helps

He's the only one on the team hitting over .300 besides Uribe. What does he need help with?

Mickster
04-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
He cost us one run. We lost by 4, so I wouldn't be saying Rowand cost us the game or anything. Don't forget about the throw out he made that saved us a run either.

Wrong Seal. He cost us 1 run. We should have Won 7-6. not lost 11-7. Look at the 1 run he made the mistake on. It wasn't in the 10th! I like Rowand, think his wife is very nice too. Facts are facts. Sorry....

duke of dorwood
04-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Reed will not be up until its too late for it to count towards an arbitration eligible year

MisterB
04-28-2004, 01:18 PM

Originally posted by BigFrankFan
Frank(dh), Koney(1b)

Originally posted by HomerCoach
4.DH Thomas R
5.1B Konerko

To my mind, you have to break up Thomas and Konerko. Otherwise expect a lot of Thomas walks followed by a Konerko GIDP. Koney's DP rates have always been high, but last season it became more obvious because the rest of his offensive game was so horrible.

pjthesox13
04-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by WWIII
He's the only one on the team hitting over .300 besides Uribe. What does he need help with?

He is batting well but maybe falling a little down in the lineup will help him when he's make baserunning decisions!

MRKARNO
04-28-2004, 02:28 PM
:corpseball