PDA

View Full Version : "Bonehead Blunder"?

owensmouth
04-28-2004, 11:36 AM
We have Picks to Click, how about a Bonehead Blunder?

As I envision it, the "winner" would be the player who failed to field his position, failed to advance to another base, got picked off base, or other stupid moves that shouldn't be seen in a major league park.

Getting a hit would be specifically exempted. The inability to lay down a bunt would be fair game.

In other words, basic baseball.

pjthesox13
04-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Wouldn't we just be setting up our team to fail then?

Baby Fisk
04-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by owensmouth
We have Picks to Click, how about a Bonehead Blunder?

As I envision it, the "winner" would be the player who failed to field his position, failed to advance to another base, got picked off base, or other stupid moves that shouldn't be seen in a major league park.
:walnuts
"Hey, why's everybody lookin' at me?"

voodoochile
04-28-2004, 11:46 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/WSIbanners/DOG.GIF

Feel free to use it as you see fit. WU created it a while ago at my request. There isn't going to be a contest though...

owensmouth
04-28-2004, 11:52 AM

I don't think so. Heck, maybe it could be considered a learning experience. My idea is to identify mistakes that cost us. When someone does something stupid, or exhibits laziness, he should be so noted.

Baseball is much more than just hitting, a fact that a lot of people in the major leagues seem not to understand.

Perhaps we shouldn't try to guess in advance who's gonna do it, just identify them when the game ends.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-28-2004, 11:57 AM
This thread is further proof that we are too damn negative! It's almost like some of you on this board like the team more when it fails than when it wins.

As soon as they lose one game, everything is wrong and the world is going to end, and when they win, it's like "sure, they won today but let's focus on the pending doom that is ahead."

Relax folks, it's baseball and it's a long season. It will be ok! :smile:

pjthesox13
04-28-2004, 11:59 AM

I don't think so. Heck, maybe it could be considered a learning experience. My idea is to identify mistakes that cost us. When someone does something stupid, or exhibits laziness, he should be so noted.

Baseball is much more than just hitting, a fact that a lot of people in the major leagues seem not to understand.

Perhaps we shouldn't try to guess in advance who's gonna do it, just identify them when the game ends.

I agree we should note it afterward.

Just when it seems that I'm try to guess who might lose the game for us, it doesn't add up for me.

Faith baby, Faith

I did like the Konerko picture too.

pjthesox13
04-28-2004, 12:04 PM

Isn't this what thousands of us do the next day already.

Baby Fisk
04-28-2004, 03:20 PM
so....who wins today's (28 April) BB award? :?: The selection is enormous, no?

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-28-2004, 03:27 PM
didnt somebody try starting a Pick To Suck contest last year? i dont like that, because, as negative as we are, we shouldnt be expecting somebody to screw up. then again we shouldnt have to either.

owensmouth
04-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Magglio, for that catch in the middle of the Indians 6 run inning.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Magglio, for that catch in the middle of the Indians 6 run inning.

well a lot of cases could be made, but i think clevelands bullpen takes the dumbass of the game award today.

owensmouth
04-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Limited to Sox players only. If not, the Indians first baseman would have to be considered, or maybe Visquel for his brilliant play in the first inning, letting Willie score from third. Just like the Picks for Clicks are limited to our guys, so should the Bonehead Blunders.