PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the CTA Bus Race!

Clarkowski
04-28-2004, 11:11 AM
As much as I enjoy 'The Hop' frog race, I think it is time to bring back the Old Comiskey tradition of the CTA bus race. Who didn't love the red, white, and blue rectangles racing around a square on the jumbotron. I say bring it back as it was, no graphical changes, just colored rectangles racing. If the CTA doesn't want to pay for it, then call it the Old Comiskey Bus Race. That would have been better than that 'wonderful' statue in center.

soxnut
04-28-2004, 11:30 AM
I agree with the CTA Bus Race. That one was the best. They did use it last year as part of the 1983 weekend. But, there is nothing wrong with that statue of Comiskey. But of course , here we go again, a Sox fan complaining about something............ :(:

ewokpelts
04-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Clarkowski
As much as I enjoy 'The Hop' frog race, I think it is time to bring back the Old Comiskey tradition of the CTA bus race. Who didn't love the red, white, and blue rectangles racing around a square on the jumbotron. I say bring it back as it was, no graphical changes, just colored rectangles racing. If the CTA doesn't want to pay for it, then call it the Old Comiskey Bus Race. That would have been better than that 'wonderful' statue in center.

I sit in the bleachers, with an obstructed view of the scoreboard...so it matters naught to me ...but teh frog race is as least funny for it's trippy colors.....i dont like the new(03-now) pizza race...i liked them flyin...and i'm no real fan of the plane race....i say bring back the cta race...hell....cta might even sponsor it too...
Gene

VeeckAsInWreck
04-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Last year during the winning ugly weekend, the old CTA bus race was played on the scoreboard. It looked very dated, it kind of had a Speedracer look to it. But still it was great to see it again!

Edit: Oops, I didn't know Soxnut had already mentioned this! :smile:

BigFrankFan
04-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Can someone refresh my memory to when they first did the CTA bus race? Is that something that pertains to just The Cell or was there something like that with old comiskey?

I don't recall every seeing that there.

soxnut
04-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by BigFrankFan
Can someone refresh my memory to when they first did the CTA bus race? Is that something that pertains to just The Cell or was there something like that with old comiskey?

I don't recall every seeing that there.

It was at the old ballpark. I think it started as soon as they got the Diamondvision scoreboard.