PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 4/28/04

Hangar18
04-28-2004, 12:04 PM
The SOX actually gain ONE story on the Team up North. Nice to see the SOX get the backcover Picture in the Cub-Times today.

Bruce Wolf today on FOX news this morning, said something that made me laugh. Going over the Other Teams Hilites, He said " The (insert Nside team) get Killed in Arizona 10-1. They looked pretty bad. If they continue to play like that, the MEDIA will be FORCED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE WHITE SOX".
Thought that was hilarious.

Cubune:
4 cub stories
4 sox stories

Cub-Times:
4 cub stories
5 sox stories

Standings since Spring Training began ............
NorthSide Team 484
SOX 317

pjthesox13
04-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Just like the Jeffersons, we're moving on up!

ewokpelts
04-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by pjthesox13
Just like the Jeffersons, we're moving on up!

great...now i'm humming that theme song.....
thanks henry
Gene

pjthesox13
04-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
great...now i'm humming that theme song.....
thanks henry
Gene

Sorry man, couldn't resist

BigFrankFan
04-28-2004, 12:54 PM
I can see where it's tough on the media of Chicago. The cub fans far out number the Sox fans in polls & attendance but the SOX team consistently plays better baseball than the cub team. Over all the SOX are better organization when it comes to managing talent.

I think the general consensus of all SOX fans & I might add most baseball fans is that if the SOX had just 25% more to spend on payroll the last 20 years they might have several WS rings to hold. That's not easily said about other organizations especially the N siders.

So the people might want the cub but the cub still stinks. That's a tough choice for any media person. :D: