This will be a landslide....

WWIII
04-28-2004, 10:27 AM
What about Jose?

Baby Fisk
04-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Better off if we don't use a second baseman

Wow! That would be a radical concept.
Could the Sox get away with using two 1st basemen instead? How about introducing an infield rover position? :D:

Mickster
04-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by WWIII
What about Jose?

I've actually thought about that. I feel that Uribe is better defensively than Jose and with such a shorter distance, less of a chance for Jose to throw the ball away....

WWIII
04-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Mickster
I've actually thought about that. I feel that Uribe is better defensively than Jose and with such a shorter distance, less of a chance for Jose to throw the ball away....

I have just been very impresses with Uribe's defense and his offense. He makes great plays at SS that I just can't picture Jose making, and I'd hate to see that get wasted simply because Jose is back. Use Harris primarily as a pinch runner for Konerko or Frank in the late innings when we need just one run in the ninth.

pjthesox13
04-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Uribe should probably be playing SS but I don't think he will have a problem playing 2B. Jose shouldn't either, has he played there before? Usually when your a middle infielder there is experience at both, but I could be wrong.

Baby Fisk
04-28-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by WWIII
Use Harris primarily as a pinch runner for Konerko or Frank in the late innings when we need just one run in the ninth.
:walnuts
"What are you talking about, man?! I got wheels! I'm huge!"

:ozzie
"No you're not huge. Sit down, Paulie."

:walnuts
"No! I wanna run the bases! I WANNA RUN THE BASES!"

:ozzie
"Bainesy, what the **** do I do with this loco konerko?"

:harold
*silence*

SEALgep
04-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by pjthesox13
Uribe should probably be playing SS but I don't think he will have a problem playing 2B. Jose shouldn't either, has he played there before? Usually when your a middle infielder there is experience at both, but I could be wrong. Jose has played second, but I think it is more likely that we'll see Uribe there when Jose returns.

jabrch
04-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Even Mrs. Harris has already cast her vote to Uribe. Since all of us see this as an obvious step, what are the odds that Guillien and Crew agree?

pjthesox13
04-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Even Mrs. Harris has already cast her vote to Uribe. Since all of us see this as an obvious step, what are the odds that Guillien and Crew agree?

I would think the odds have to be pretty high, they can't be that pleased with the way Harris is coming along. I read an article on the White Sox website that interviewed Harris and how he said he aimed to be another Pierre in the league, well he has a little work to do for that one.

soxnut
04-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Considering Ozzie wants to win, and is not going to go out of his way not to hurt Harris' feelings in order to do that, I think Uribe gets the nod.

BigFrankFan
04-28-2004, 11:55 AM
My patience is wearing thin with all-world speed Harris.

DaveIsHere
04-28-2004, 11:58 AM
He only looks fast because the rest of the team is so damn slow. I really hope Ozzie isn't worried about feelings and just makes the move!!!

nodiggity59
04-28-2004, 12:16 PM
If Rowand continues to struggle, maybe throw Willie in center if he improves?

Lip Man 1
04-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Jose Vidro?????

Lip

pjthesox13
04-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
Considering Ozzie wants to win, and is not going to go out of his way not to hurt Harris' feelings in order to do that, I think Uribe gets the nod.

Are you crying.

There's no crying.

There's no crying in Baseball!

:whiner:

pjthesox13
04-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Jose Vidro?????

Lip

Exactly!

Thank you for noticing that gem.

We should package a deal for this guy right now!

Maybe get rid of Valentin with it and have Uribe play SS.

SSN721
04-28-2004, 01:11 PM
If Jose Vidro were on that list I would definitely vote for him. Call me crazy but I still want to see Harris get a little bit longer. I think his defense is just fine despite a couple goofs last night. ANd as for hitting, I think we have had as much of a sample of him as of Uribe. In all other threads we keep saying how it is too little of a sample for certain players so I am saying it is still too little of a sample of Uribe or Harris to determine the rest of their baseball careers here. That being said, if we lost Harris in a trade to pick up Vidro along with whatever else it would take I wouldnt be crying either.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Vidro would be an awesome pickup. but after last years alomar deal, would kw do it again? if willie plays like he has, and valentin still struggles, he might have to.

sas1974
04-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
Vidro would be an awesome pickup. but after last years alomar deal, would kw do it again? if willie plays like he has, and valentin still struggles, he might have to.

He's probably going to cost us a lot more than Royce Ring, but I would be very interested is finding out what it would take.