PDA

View Full Version : Dog Days

DaveIsHere
04-28-2004, 09:43 AM
I have applied to take my pooch to dog day, has anyone been involved with this, was it a good experience?

Details: Don't know if it matter, Black lab very well behaved, loves to be outside, she will be fine, I just want to know what to expect.

P.S. I want my dog to pee on first base....don't ask why!

A.T. Money
04-28-2004, 10:00 AM
I applied. I sent in my tickets for that day, and they were received. I haven't heard anything else though. Are they supposed to send me tickets?

DaveIsHere
04-28-2004, 10:02 AM
we sent in our application alog with payment and I guess they are suppose to sed us our tickets, after my latest ticket fiasco I should probably call, I'm sure they didn't hesitate to cash my check :)

SEALgep
04-28-2004, 10:06 AM
Where do the doggies do their business?

Jerko
04-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Where do the doggies do their business?

They usually have an area of the outfield concourse 'covered' with astroturf and blocked off with the famous fences they used to use when they cordoned off the fans out there on firework nights, before they implemented the UD policy. Thats where they go!

DaveIsHere
04-28-2004, 10:22 AM
I heard they let the dogs walk on the field before the game is that true? Cause I know my dog will pee on the grass and there will be a burned spot of grass there forever, she has some wicked pee. ANything else cool they let the doggies do.

My dog is going to a Sox game....that is pretty cool

dickallen15
04-28-2004, 10:35 AM
I have my dog day tickets. This will be the first for me and my dog, Magglio. Supposedly you parade your pooch around the field before the game. I hope there is a loud oeo magglio chant, my dog will think its for him.

DaveIsHere
04-28-2004, 10:37 AM
That is funny 'casue my dog plays with another Lab named Maggir-call her magglio and she knows her name so she will think she is going to play wi th teh other dog--haha...will be fun

BLRMKRdave
04-28-2004, 03:33 PM
I have received my tickets also! The parade is around the dirt surrounding the field and fans in the park love to pet all the dogs. A few years back one of the dogs got loose on the field and that was kind of funny. Should be a good time: 1 dollar hot dogs, free frosty paws last year and hopefully another White Sox Winner. Oh yeah...the dogs went crazy during the fireworks that went off after a few bombs from the Sox.

DaveIsHere
04-28-2004, 03:36 PM
When did you send in for the tickets, i havent got mine yet?

jabrch
04-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Where can someone get WhiteSox clothes for Dogs?

soxwon
04-28-2004, 09:55 PM
theres a parade of dogs and owners before the game, you walk on the warning track, no dogs actually go on the field!!

JohnBasedowYoda
04-28-2004, 10:01 PM
do they show dogs doing it on the jumbotron? like the 'kiss-cam'?

BLRMKRdave
04-29-2004, 10:01 AM
I sent my tickets into the ticket office and got them a few weeks ago. I sent the app in about a day or two after I received it in the mail.

~Dave

A.T. Money
04-29-2004, 10:21 AM
I sent my tickets in early in the month with my app. They received my tickets I know that, but haven't heard anything. I just called and left a message over there for status!

BeerHandle
04-29-2004, 11:03 AM
I checked at the Box Office yesterday and found out that Dog Days is sold out. They are not accepting anymore applications.

A.T. Money
04-29-2004, 01:03 PM
I got a call back from the Sox. I'm good to go, they just haven't mailed my tickets yet.

She's gonna be a happy camper indeed! I promised her a hotdog at the game. :D:

DaveIsHere
04-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Just got the tickets today, good to go.

What kind of dogs does everyone have? Mine is a female Black Lab 1.5yr old(almost 2) named Haley.

So where do the dogs sit?

steff
04-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Me, Jim, and our lazy cheap ass dog Ginger are going.

Ginger is a lab/retreiver/beagle/shepard mix. And crazy...

BTW.. where do we buy Sox gear for the pooches??

BeerHandle
04-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by steff
Me, Jim, and our lazy cheap ass dog Ginger are going.

Ginger is a lab/retreiver/beagle/shepard mix. And crazy...

BTW.. where do we buy Sox gear for the pooches??

Try Barker & Meowski (not sure on the spelling) on Armitage and Sheffield.

Senor Taco is on the wait list.

dickallen15
04-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
Just got the tickets today, good to go.

What kind of dogs does everyone have? Mine is a female Black Lab 1.5yr old(almost 2) named Haley.

So where do the dogs sit?
My dog is named Magglio. He is 1/2 Cavalier King Charles, and 1/2 Lhasa Apso. Everyone is in the bleachers.

DaveIsHere
04-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Not to sound redundant, but do the pooches actually sit in the bleachers with you, are we away from the "normal" crowd? Just curious on the details, This is our first time(Blush!!)