PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

DaveIsHere
04-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Allow me to complain. I had ordered tickets online 3 weeks ago for Friday's game, I received the e-mail confirmation and I should receive my tickets and parking pass 48 hours before gameday, well they haven't come yet. My wife calls and they said the order had been cancelled???? Turns out this was an error on the website ans they say our tickets and parking pass will be at will call!!!!! My parking pass at will call???? I have to park to get to will call. So then they say wait, your card was only charged $63, but my online statement shows $89, then they say that the refund will take a few day, i understand that but ***?? You want fans to come and then I have to go through this problem, mind you I have been successful before ordering online and I will deal with it, but what about other people who want to go and have this issue, it will leave a bad taste in their mouth!!

Anyhow, on to other things, do you have top pay to get into the BP bar?

hose
04-28-2004, 08:37 AM
No charge to get into the bull pen bar.

SSN721
04-28-2004, 08:39 AM
You dont have to pay to get into the BP bar, you only have to pay to get a table on the top teir of it, I know it was 10 bucks last year not sure if that has changed. But the bar itself and lower patio area was free. Yeah, I know what you mean about the tickets, I didnt have as much trouble as you but I ordered tix for three games when they went on sale and they screwed up sending me the printable tix when I specifically ordered them to be mailed to me. Seems like there might be some bugs in the ticket system or something. But I think that is more on ticketmaster then on the White Sox.

jabrch
04-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
You dont have to pay to get into the BP bar, you only have to pay to get a table on the top teir of it, I know it was 10 bucks last year not sure if that has changed. But the bar itself and lower patio area was free. Yeah, I know what you mean about the tickets, I didnt have as much trouble as you but I ordered tix for three games when they went on sale and they screwed up sending me the printable tix when I specifically ordered them to be mailed to me. Seems like there might be some bugs in the ticket system or something. But I think that is more on ticketmaster then on the White Sox.

Ticketmaster sucks - always has and always will.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Ticketmaster sucks - always has and always will.

Wish we could go back to the days of the Ticket Tron- Ticketmaster wars?

jabrch
04-28-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
Wish we could go back to the days of the Ticket Tron- Ticketmaster wars?

You mean when companies had to do a good job servicing their customers, or they lost the accounts? Yeah...

tickets.com isn't up to snuff yet either - but they have potential to be reasonable competition.

batmanZoSo
04-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
Allow me to complain. I had ordered tickets online 3 weeks ago for Friday's game, I received the e-mail confirmation and I should receive my tickets and parking pass 48 hours before gameday, well they haven't come yet. My wife calls and they said the order had been cancelled???? Turns out this was an error on the website ans they say our tickets and parking pass will be at will call!!!!! My parking pass at will call???? I have to park to get to will call. So then they say wait, your card was only charged $63, but my online statement shows $89, then they say that the refund will take a few day, i understand that but ***?? You want fans to come and then I have to go through this problem, mind you I have been successful before ordering online and I will deal with it, but what about other people who want to go and have this issue, it will leave a bad taste in their mouth!!

Anyhow, on to other things, do you have top pay to get into the BP bar?

. I sympathize with your story, but I can't say I've experienced it.

I went to the game last night because my friend couldn't go. He actually had his tickets on "will call," and he called the box office and changed that so they'd email him the tickets. He then gave me his email password so I could open up the email and print the tickets out (what an age we live in :smile: ). I can't complain about the service I got

Rocklive99
04-28-2004, 10:45 AM
My bad experience came with Tickets.com a couple years ago. I went to Sears early the day the tickets went on sale. Pretty long line. 10 am comes, no tickets can be bought. Half hour later, only Expos tickets can be bought. There is a phone attached to the machine, but of course no one is picking up the line. Everyone in line starts using their cell phones to try and buy tickets, but everyone got busy signals. Then about another halfhour-hour later, someone finally answers the phone attached to the machine, and everyone has to take about a half hour to place their order by phone, leaving me with some pretty crappy seats.

starboy0
04-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
...My wife calls and they said the order had been cancelled????...

Same thing happened to me with a Minnesota game. Got my starting nine package and other single game tickets but no Minnesota. Went to the website under my account and it said cancelled! Called and spoke to about 150 people trying to find out how it got cancelled and finally got a higher-up who said he would investigate and call me back. Of course he never did.

Moral of the story: Make sure you check before a game that your order has not been cancelled!

BigFrankFan
04-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Where do I go to get a parking pass on-line?
That's the first I've heard of this.

Is there a discount or surcharge for doing it this way?
What does it entitle you to parking-wise?

DaveIsHere
04-28-2004, 12:03 PM
After you select you seats and the summary before you pay comes up you can add the Parking pass, not sure where the put ya