PDA

View Full Version : Trivial Stat of The Week

Lip Man 1
04-27-2004, 11:16 PM
13 of the Sox last 14 home runs have come with the bases empty. Ordonez' first inning home run with a man on broke a string of 10 staright solo shots.

After his home run Thomas, Konerko and Lee all hit solo shots.

That stat seems bizarre to me, you'd figure somebody would hit one with somebody on more then that.

Lip

santo=dorf
04-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
13 of the Sox last 14 home runs have come with the bases empty. Ordonez' first inning home run with a man on broke a string of 10 staright solo shots.

After his home run Thomas, Konerko and Lee all hit solo shots.

That stat seems bizarre to me, you'd figure somebody would hit one with somebody on more then that.

Lip

Didn't you already make a thread like this on Sunday??? I agree. It would've been much better for Thomas to draw a walk and have Konerko hit a two-run homer instead of the Sox hitting 2 solo homers.

Hondo
04-27-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
Didn't you already make a thread like this on Sunday??? I agree. It would've been much better for Thomas to draw a walk and have Konerko hit a two-run homer instead of the Sox hitting 2 solo homers.

This thread is titled

"TRIVIAL stat of the week" right?

Lip Man 1
04-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Santo:

The one on Sunday was when they hit ten straight solo shots. Since they broke that string (and started another) it needed to be updated.

Sorry it pissed you off. Don't read it the next time.

Lip

mweflen
04-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Someone like WEE WILLIE actually has to REACH BASE for homers to be anything but solo blasts.

a .294 OBP doesn't exactly set anyone up.

Chump.

1 and 2 should be Uribe (.397) and Olivo (.372). When Manos comes back, Olivo can revert back to the 8-spot.

Willie should never escape the 9-hole. Of course, Willie isn't good enough to shine the 9-hole player's shoes. But thanks to KW, he's our man.

UGH.

kermittheefrog
04-28-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Hondo
This thread is titled

"TRIVIAL stat of the week" right?

Yeah but that is a big "Not in this sentence". By calling attention to the "trivial state of the week" the way Lip did you significantly reduce it's triviality.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-28-2004, 01:18 AM
that stat is not trivial, we NEED men on base for our bombers!!!! Solo homeruns should be padding for victory, not a way to catch up