PDA

View Full Version : Magazine To "Test" Sox/Cubs Popularity

joecrede
04-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Stupid idea. (http://www.suntimes.com/output/lazare/cst-fin-lew27.html)

Hangar, make sure you pick up a few of these. :gulp:

bobj4400
04-27-2004, 05:37 PM
Great idea, let's put the international superstar that 'saved' baseball on the Cubs issue, and a guy who has been with the Sox for only 1 year and 1 month and never had a good year until last year on the Sox issue...

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-27-2004, 05:50 PM
You can be sure that all the cub fans without jobs like ronnie woo woo will go around town and try to grab as many cub ones as possible and ruin white sox ones so other people won't take them.

IlliniSox
04-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Great idea, let's put the international superstar that 'saved' baseball on the Cubs issue, and a guy who has been with the Sox for only 1 year and 1 month and never had a good year until last year on the Sox issue...

I'd fear King Magglio the Great too...

woodenleg
04-27-2004, 06:17 PM
At least Loaiza is handsome.

hsnterprize
04-27-2004, 09:15 PM
I already started a thread about this topic. Needless to say, I think this "test" is stacked from the beginning. Anyway...

...here's a link to that thread. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32356)

Happy reading.

Clarkowski
04-27-2004, 09:35 PM
In regards to Ronnie Woo Woo from a few posts ago, I saw him at Dublin's on Rush at 1 AM Saturday "morning" and he was 'gone' beyond recognition.... It was nice to notice myself and another Sox fan a few tables over enjoying a burger like human beings while Ronnie was trying too hard to pick up ladies that wouldn't even respond to him.

Daver
04-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Clarkowski
In regards to Ronnie Woo Woo from a few posts ago, I saw him at Dublin's on Rush at 1 AM Saturday "morning" and he was 'gone' beyond recognition.... It was nice to notice myself and another Sox fan a few tables over enjoying a burger like human beings while Ronnie was trying too hard to pick up ladies that wouldn't even respond to him.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

Clarkowski
04-27-2004, 09:50 PM
It's good to be aboard!

eriqjaffe
04-28-2004, 09:14 AM
I wonder how many retail outlets will even bother displaying both covers...or how many will stick the Sosa copies in front of the Loaiza copies.

"Studies show that most people are already aware of the obvious!"

--Eriq.

Hangar18
04-28-2004, 12:27 PM
I can already tell this is going to be Farce .......
kind of like "polling" people outside the home plate gate
at Wrigley ..........

ewokpelts
04-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by woodenleg
At least Loaiza is handsome.

but that hairline is atrocious...
Gene

BigFrankFan
04-28-2004, 02:12 PM
This isn't going to tell us anything we don't already know.
The average MLB fan in Chicago loves Shammy the over-sized steroid culping whale over Frank Thomas. They love the Urinal over the Cell. They love the legacy of Harry Carray over Hawk. They love the bars & restaurants around Wrigley vs The Cell.

So what. Who cares? Shammy will continue to be a loveable loser as will the cub and one of these fine days the SOX will win the WS.
It's inevitable because we have better people at managing & evaluating talent & OUR FAN BASE demands the best in this area.

When that day arrives being a loveable loser will no longer feel trendy just flat out stupid. The Cell will be the happening place.
Likewise, you can only imagine the TV ratings when the team
with one of the best home & road uni's in ALL of sports wins a
World Series. Holy Cow! Harry will wake up from the dead
& proclaim to the world he's a SOX fan at heart!