PDA

View Full Version : Who was that guy...

chisoxmike
04-27-2004, 05:28 PM
I don't know why I thought about this today.

But does anybody remember that ass with a mircophone that would go around between innings and interview the crowd, and try and get people into the games on the scoreboard. He always was on the Sox dugout at points too. This was in the mid-'90s.

I think he got booed enough that he only lasted a half season.
Does anybody remember his name or what he was called?

Dadawg_77
04-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
I don't know why I thought about this today.

But does anybody remember that ass with a mircophone that would go around between innings and interview the crowd, and try and get people into the games on the scoreboard. He always was on the Sox dugout at points too. This was in the mid-'90s.

I think he got booed enough that he only lasted a half season.
Does anybody remember his name or what he was called?

Stephen somthing, he was fired for playing White Snake music for Chuck Finley.

MRKARNO
04-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Joe Stephen. I think that was relatively recent though: Maybe 1999?

dickallen15
04-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Joe Stephan is right. He had some of the vendors dancing with him on the dugouts. They called themselves the dugout dancers. The guy with the enormous shoes who always wears shorts no matter how cold it is and sells beer in the lower boxes used to dance on the dugout. He thought Joe was a genius and would make it big in show business. Joe definitely was the guy who got canned for playing Whitesnake when Finley pitched. There would be 500 people in the park and he would have votes based on crowd noise for which song to play in between innings.

bennyw41
04-27-2004, 05:36 PM
http://www.joestephen.com/

He was an ass-clown.

Jerko
04-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
http://www.joestephen.com/

He was an ass-clown.

Most likely, still is. I for one, am glad HE GAWN!

34 Inch Stick
04-28-2004, 09:57 AM
He was more of an embarrasement to me as a fan than one hundred Ribbie and Rhubarbs ever could be.

rmusacch
04-28-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Stephen somthing, he was fired for playing White Snake music for Chuck Finley.

Think that was just an excuse to fire him? How is that any worse than some of the things that are played over the PAs at NBA arenas?

Dadawg_77
04-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Think that was just an excuse to fire him? How is that any worse than some of the things that are played over the PAs at NBA arenas?

Those aren't insults to a player.

jackbrohamer
04-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
He was more of an embarrasement to me as a fan than one hundred Ribbie and Rhubarbs ever could be.

LMAO. Shows how tone-deaf the Reinsdorf regieme is when it comes to what will appeal to a Sox crowd.

cheeses_h_rice
04-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Just last night, after the crowd finished singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," I asked my brother if he remembered a few years ago when the PA system would launch into a very loud and embarrassing version of "YMCA" during the 7th inning stretch, with Loudmouth Joe leading the charge while standing on the dugout roof.

::shudder::

How about the "Comiskey Cash" grab in Center Field?

The crowd having to cheer the loudest for one of the 3 oldies that Loudmouth Joe would announce?

So many great memories from the White Sox PR machine...