PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Road Trip

SaltyPretzel
04-27-2004, 03:18 PM
I'm going to Seattle for the series against the Mariners in June. Does anyone know which hotel the Sox stay over there? Thanks!

JohnJeter
04-27-2004, 03:49 PM
This is from the Seattle PI:

Q: What's the most popular hotel in Seattle for visiting baseball teams?

AG: Gone are the days when the Crowne Plaza was the Seattle home away from home for most visiting teams. Teams stay at five different Seattle hotels now. The W Hotel is the most popular, with five teams lodging there (Anaheim, Cleveland, Texas, Toronto and Houston).

I do know that all of the possible hotels where they might stay are very close together (easy walking distance from one to the other).

So that eliminates W and Crowne Plaza. My guess is the Westin.

Would the Sox give out this info if you said you were a fan and simply wanted to greet them there? I'd think they would.

kittle42
04-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
I'm going to Seattle for the series against the Mariners in June. Does anyone know which hotel the Sox stay over there? Thanks!

I will let you know. My sister has the info on where they stay in every city. She's a bit of a Sox groupie.

FormerKnight
04-27-2004, 04:46 PM
A lot of teams used to list them in their Media Guide. I don't know if the Mariners or White Sox are one of those teams.

sas1974
04-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel

I think you can call the White Sox and they'll tell you: (312)674-1000

Or you can try the Mariners. I don't know why it would be a big secret.

Dadawg_77
04-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I think you can call the White Sox and they'll tell you: (312)674-1000

Or you can try the Mariners. I don't know why it would be a big secret.

security issues.

kittle42
04-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
security issues.

National security issues.

AOEllis
04-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Where are your seats? I will be there as well for all 3 games.

SaltyPretzel
04-27-2004, 05:10 PM
I took Sas1974's advice. They'll be at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. It's kind of pricey though. $170 a night for 2.

I have really good seats for all three games:

Friday
section 124, row 18

Saturday
section 127, row 13

Sunday
section 136, row 14 :)

pudge
04-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Be prepared my friend, the Sox have been BRUTAL out here for what seems like forever. I get ill when I think of Sox games in Safeco... I was there for the final 2000 play-off game and about three Keith Foulke blown saves. Maybe they can reverse the trend this season.

batmanZoSo
04-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
This is from the Seattle PI:

Q: What's the most popular hotel in Seattle for visiting baseball teams?

AG: Gone are the days when the Crowne Plaza was the Seattle home away from home for most visiting teams. Teams stay at five different Seattle hotels now. The W Hotel is the most popular, with five teams lodging there (Anaheim, Cleveland, Texas, Toronto and Houston).

I do know that all of the possible hotels where they might stay are very close together (easy walking distance from one to the other).

So that eliminates W and Crowne Plaza. My guess is the Westin.

Would the Sox give out this info if you said you were a fan and simply wanted to greet them there? I'd think they would.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/reinsy.jpg

"Westin? Ha! In a pig's eye we are. It's Ramada or nothing!"

dickallen15
04-27-2004, 07:09 PM
According to the White Sox media guide they stay at the Renaissance Madison.

AOEllis
04-27-2004, 07:15 PM
I have pretty good seats as well, I do not have the invoice with me right now, but by looking on the Safeco (when I called ticketmaster, they pronounced it Sa-FEE-co) seating chart, i think we are in section 135 and 134, not sure on the rows but we are around there.

kingpin_rcs
04-27-2004, 07:23 PM
I intend on being there as well. I do not have tickets as of yet. I plan on going to the Saturday game only. I found some good seats on EBAY currently, the best seats the TM gives me are in the outfield