PDA

View Full Version : Line-Up

E Coast Sox Fan
04-27-2004, 12:04 PM
What about switching Olivo and Harris in the order?

Olivo has more pop and good speed. It seems like it would give the team a better chance to score additional runs.

Dadawg_77
04-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by E Coast Sox Fan
What about switching Olivo and Harris in the order?

Olivo has more pop and good speed. It seems like it would give the team a better chance to score additional runs.

Neither can get on base.

DSpivack
04-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Neither can get on base.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/stats/cws_sortable_player_stats.jsp?noHighlight=true&timeFrame=1&teamPosCode=cha&statSet1=1&subScope=teamCode&section1=1&statType=1&timeSubFrame=2004&&sortByStat=OBP

.avg .obp .ops
Olivo: .294 .368 .529

Harris: .246 .290 .316

Olivo is a lot better than Harris.

MRKARNO
04-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/stats/cws_sortable_player_stats.jsp?noHighlight=true&timeFrame=1&teamPosCode=cha&statSet1=1&subScope=teamCode&section1=1&statType=1&timeSubFrame=2004&&sortByStat=OBP

.avg .obp .ops
Olivo: .294 .368 .529

Harris: .246 .290 .316

Olivo is a lot better than Harris.

I think we need more time to determine whether Olivo is legit or not. He certainly had a strong start but he's started to regress a bit. I would love to see Olivo hit that way all year, but I'm not quite sure he can yet. If he can then it might be a wise decision to make such a switch

DSpivack
04-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I think we need more time to determine whether Olivo is legit or not. He certainly had a strong start but he's started to regress a bit. I would love to see Olivo hit that way all year, but I'm not quite sure he can yet. If he can then it might be a wise decision to make such a switch

Sample size thus far is small. But I still think that Olivo is better than Harris, and will be, and that is why they should switch.

MRKARNO
04-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
Sample size thus far is small. But I still think that Olivo is better than Harris, and will be, and that is why they should switch.

But the Issue is how much better is he really? 70 points higher OBP is one thing but if its only say 20-30, it's not that big a deal

DSpivack
04-27-2004, 06:47 PM
But the Issue is how much better is he really? 70 points higher OBP is one thing but if its only say 20-30, it's not that big a deal

Right now Olivo has an OBP that is 78 points higher than Harris', but as was said- small sample size.

chisox06
04-27-2004, 06:51 PM

The fact that hes had a strong start is the reason why they should give it a try. Go with whos hot, not whos not.