PDA

View Full Version : Comedian Jamie Kennedy Says SOX dont "get enough love" in Chicago

Hangar18
04-27-2004, 09:10 AM
Mike North interviewed him last week, and it was a funny interview. Right before he left......North asked him what he did in town, and did he notice cub fever here. JK said he "Noticed that in this town" regarding the Media Coverage, and said Chicago "has to give the SOX some more love".

Railsplitter
04-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Mike North interviewed him last week, and it was a funny interview. Right before he left......North asked him what he did in town, and did he notice cub fever here. JK said he "Noticed that in this town" regarding the Media Coverage, and said Chicago "has to give the SOX some more love".

Kenedy's not as stupid as I thought!

Hangar18
04-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Immediately after Kennedys compliments towards the SOX, I noticed a commercial for his show, which was filmed here last week. In the Trailers, he does his practical jokes/spoofs here on location, and his trailer shows him IN A CUB JERSEY. I was angered and confused. A phone call was made regarding why he would Blatantly Wear a phony CUB jersey ........ and the answer I got was Simple. "How do you know he wanted to wear a SOX jersey, but Was TOLD to wear the cub jersey?".
I was reminded WB runs his show.........which is run by WGN.
It all made sense ...............why he made those comments.

Who Keeps Saying Dont Worry About the Media ???

Rocky Soprano
04-27-2004, 09:19 AM
I guess I will have to start watching his show. Nice to hear that there are "famous" people that rather cheer for the Sox.

Hangar18
04-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Seeing the obvious, but veiled implication that the CUBS are the ones helping to build their "mystique" (by making celebrities wear their merchandise to imply they support the cubs), it is definitely a SHREWD move. Why arent the SOX attempting this same type of Merchandise Guerilla Propoganda Warfare?

steff
04-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Seek help Henry....

Hangar18
04-27-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by steff
Seek help Henry....

Seek Help? For simply Pointing out an Obvious Marketing Weakness by the SOX, being used Effectively 8 miles north?

steff
04-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Seek Help? For simply Pointing out an Obvious Marketing Weakness by the SOX, being used Effectively 8 miles north?

Get a grip Henry...

You think Calvin Klein would want a model wearing Gap jeans at a CK sponsored event..?

And you're not pointing out **** FOR the Sox.. you're just showing your obsessiveness (that a word?) with all things Cubs.

You called the network to inquire why he was wearing a Cubs jersey...? Are you serious??

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Fridaythe13thJason
04-27-2004, 12:45 PM

Last I checked, the Sox don't own any television stations, radio stations, or newspapers.

steff
04-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
Last I checked, the Sox don't own any television stations, radio stations, or newspapers.

Please.. no room for logic here.

:rolleyes

wdelaney72
04-27-2004, 12:48 PM
If you take a trip back to the early to mid-90's, I remember seeing lots of Sox wear being worn in music videos (Dr. Dre).

My question is when is Bill "The Apprentice" going to step forward and show his south side team some love.

As far as Jamie Kennedy goes, if told to remove the Sox jersey, he should have opted for a Bulls or Bears jersey as the alternative.

Hangar18
04-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by wdelaney72

My question is when is Bill "The Apprentice" going to step forward and show his south side team some love.

As far as Jamie Kennedy goes, if told to remove the Sox jersey, he should have opted for a Bulls or Bears jersey as the alternative.

Steff is missing the point, If im the one "obsessing" about the cubs, what does that make the Media all these years? I think its funny that a "network" can shove that junk down our throats for years, making it seem the "norm" around here, to the point that the Media, who helped cause this NonSense, now Calls Sox fans names for letting this happen. My question is, why arent the SOX pushing their Merchandise (and in the bigger picture) their NAME across the US? Not owning a TV/Newspaper/Radio station certainly is a Disadvantage ..........but they knew this going in when JR decided to buy the SOX. The implication that JK was made to Wear a Cub Jersey is one thing. Its another when Rick Telander, Jay Moronotti and others, then tell us that "Stars like Jamie Kennedy even love the cubs", and the SOX should just move. BS

steff
04-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Steff is missing the point, If im the one "obsessing" about the cubs, what does that make the Media all these years? I think its funny that a "network" can shove that junk down our throats for years, making it seem the "norm" around here, to the point that the Media, who helped cause this NonSense, now Calls Sox fans names for letting this happen. My question is, why arent the SOX pushing their Merchandise (and in the bigger picture) their NAME across the US? Not owning a TV/Newspaper/Radio station certainly is a Disadvantage ..........but they knew this going in when JR decided to buy the SOX. The implication that JK was made to Wear a Cub Jersey is one thing. Its another when Rick Telander, Jay Moronotti and others, then tell us that "Stars like Jamie Kennedy even love the cubs", and the SOX should just move. BS

Who's your team..? The Sox..? Then why are YOU obsessing about the Cubs and the media attention paid to them...? YOU are obsessed. OCD worse than I could have ever imagined..

Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla...... Cubs.. bla, bla, bla, bla.. media.

That's all you speak.

cheeses_h_rice
04-27-2004, 02:38 PM
I agree with Steff. While I enjoy it when the Flubs fail and when Sham-ME* does something ultra-stupid like corking his bat, I think too much is being made of the whole Sox/Flubs thing at times on this site. Seeing conspiracies when there are none, not recognizing that most people are very lazy and very casual baseball fans if at all, and that's why you'll more often see Flubs jerseys and Flubs hat on these folks.

Stop worrying about it, root for the Sox, and **** the Flubs and **** their fans.

OK?

RustyKuntz
04-27-2004, 02:39 PM
I was reminded WB runs his show.........which is run by WGN.
It all made sense ...............why he made those comments.

The WB is owned by Warner Brothers, not the Tribune Company. WGN is a WB affiliate. This conspiracy theory is ridiculous.

The cubs are better at marketing. It's frustrating but so freakin' what. When can we drop this nonsense and talk about baseball again?

Sadly, a small minority of Sox fans are making a majority of Sox fans look like whiney little girls.

Iwritecode
04-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by RustyKuntz
The cubs are better at marketing. It's frustrating but so freakin' what.

I've seen this statement before but is it really a true statement?

Or is it just the fact that the Cubs get more national attention via WGN and the Cubune?

Who is the Cubs marketing director and what exactly does he do anyway?

bennyw41
04-27-2004, 02:49 PM
No offense Sir Hangar....BUT WHO CARES?

JAMIE FRICKIN KENNEDY? THATS A CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENT?

:threadsucks

pjthesox13
04-27-2004, 02:56 PM
the Cubs only get the attention for pity sake's. Look at us we got a curse. Who cares. As soon as one of their players or fans (if's that who they want blame) blow it for them again it will calm down. Anyways Sox attention is good and yeah the Cubs have a little more but we'll win more games then them and thats that.

RustyKuntz
04-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I've seen this statement before but is it really a true statement?

Or is it just the fact that the Cubs get more national attention via WGN and the Cubune?

Who is the Cubs marketing director and what exactly does he do anyway?

It's only natural that if you're part of a giant media conglomerate, you're going to get all the exposure in the world.

All this attendance and popularity bitterness is starting to make my head hurt. So what if more idiots like the cubs? That doesn't change how much I cheer for the Sox. I, like most of you, have dreamt what it would be like if the Sox were as nationally popular as the Cubs.

But today I officially throw my hands in the air and give up. I'm going back to caring about the baseball. I'll see you at the game. :)

TaylorStSox
04-27-2004, 03:10 PM
I thought all of these threads were moving to The Parking Lot. I certainly don't want to read this nonsense anymore.