PDA

View Full Version : Business Man Special - Wednesday?

BeerHandle
04-27-2004, 08:34 AM
Is anyone going to the game on Wednesday? I know we have a big game tonight; however, tomorrow is a day game and it is going to be 76 and Sunny. Time to put some butts in the seats!

I plan on going and am planning to take some clients.

GO SOX!

Sad
04-27-2004, 08:39 AM
I'm supposed to go...
another "offsite meeting"
:o:
ahem.

should be a great day
don't look like they sold many tix as I just found 2 Sec 145 Row 20 on the aisle

pound the Tribe!

Cellview22
04-27-2004, 08:45 AM
They need to do some kind of special promotion on Wednesdays. Wednesdays are always the smallest crowds, because people would rather spend half price on Mon or Tues, or go for $1 hotdogs on Thurs.

..How about every Wednesday is $5 UD Wednesday?! The word would eventually get around, and Wednesdays would start filling up pretty fast!!

DrummerGeorgefan
04-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Maybe the new marketing director will take a page out of the Blackhawks book and start offering 5 or 8 buck upperdeck tickets to anyone with a college or high school ID. I use it all the time for Hawks game. With IIT, UIC, University of Chicago, Depaul and Loyola all nearby, it would be a great way to people to games. And we all know HS students are looking for some reason to get out of the house.

Brian26
04-27-2004, 09:01 AM
Anyone know how cold it is supposed to get for tonight's game? I'd love to go, but I think the temperature is going to dip below 50.

BeerHandle
04-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Cellview22
They need to do some kind of special promotion on Wednesdays. Wednesdays are always the smallest crowds, because people would rather spend half price on Mon or Tues, or go for $1 hotdogs on Thurs.

..How about every Wednesday is $5 UD Wednesday?! The word would eventually get around, and Wednesdays would start filling up pretty fast!!

I like the idea. There should be some type of promotion for Wednesday. High School and College kids 1/2 off and/or Upper Deck 1/2 off.

Rocky Soprano
04-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Awesome idea DrummerGeorgefan,

You should e-mail that to the Sox. You never know, they might do it. That would be great, I would be able to go to a ton more games.

zach23
04-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
Is anyone going to the game on Wednesday? I know we have a big game tonight; however, tomorrow is a day game and it is going to be 76 and Sunny. Time to put some butts in the seats!

I plan on going and am planning to take some clients.

GO SOX!

I will be there Wednesday, it is part of our ticket plan.

jabrch
04-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Just looked at todays game - 146 (just past 3B), Row 6 or 531 (right behind home plate) row 3 are available. Wednesday 145 row 19 or 531 row 2.

PLENTY OF GREAT SEATS

Jerko
04-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Why don't the Sox just make every game free? We can get people to pay $1500 to actually be ON the team instead of just draggin the field since there will be no payroll to use on professional players because the Sox don't charge anything for tickets, then all the fans who got in for nothing can throw their $250 beers on the field, and when we lose all the time and wind up 0-162 and end up 6 games behind the Cubs we can all whine about how unloved we are.

BeerHandle
04-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

You should e-mail that to the Sox. You never know, they might do it. That would be great, I would be able to go to a ton more games.

Great idea, but will it be read?

jackbrohamer
04-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Sad
I'm supposed to go...
another "offsite meeting"
:o:
ahem.

Coincidently, I have an "offsite meeting" as well. Just have to avoid coming back to the office with a sunburn & beer on my breath

Tekijawa
04-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
Just have to avoid coming back to the office with a sunburn & beer on my breath

I struggle with this problemm on a daily basis...

cheeses_h_rice
04-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Anyone know how cold it is supposed to get for tonight's game? I'd love to go, but I think the temperature is going to dip below 50.

I'm going, but my ticket was a freebie.

Expect low to mid 40s. Bundle up. Think "Bears weather."

:)

BeerHandle
04-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I struggle with this problemm on a daily basis...

I concur with you!

My problem is that I will be right in the sun in section 161.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

I'm in finals right now, but i will draft something up and post in on the board for people's opinions.

mantis1212
04-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
Maybe the new marketing director will take a page out of the Blackhawks book and start offering 5 or 8 buck upperdeck tickets to anyone with a college or high school ID. I use it all the time for Hawks game. With IIT, UIC, University of Chicago, Depaul and Loyola all nearby, it would be a great way to people to games. And we all know HS students are looking for some reason to get out of the house.

This is a fantastic idea, I must say.

woodenleg
04-27-2004, 12:02 PM
My first game this year.

I couldn't go before because of my work schedule, but I got a day off for my hard work, so I'm going to a day game for a change.

My resolution this year is to attend more day games.

skottyj242
04-27-2004, 12:11 PM
I'm taking a "customer" to the game tommorow. I'll be in 158 row 10.

steff
04-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :D:

We'll be there..

Realist
04-27-2004, 12:30 PM

Shame on you. Don't give Bill Wirtz one nickle of your money.

BeerHandle
04-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Quote:

Originally posted by mantis1212
This is a fantastic idea, I must say.

You would have thought the Sox would have capitalized after seeing Crede's Crew there for Monday & Tuesday 1/2 price nights.

I don't know if they are in high school or college, but the Sox could have great attendance on Wednesday from mid May- August if they had High School/College Night. What an idea? Generate interest in the park? Use Crede's Crew in a commmercial!!

Does anyone have Brooks Boyer email? I could not find it on the Bulls web site.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle

You would have thought the Sox would have capitalized after seeing Crede's Crew there for Monday & Tuesday 1/2 price nights.

I don't know if they are in high school or college, but the Sox could have great attendance on Wednesday from mid May- August if they had High School/College Night. What an idea? Generate interest in the park? Use Crede's Crew in a commmercial!!

If I remember correctly, the crew is from my hometown of Lansing IL and were in high school. I saw the banner up in the UD during the opening game. But havent seen them at a game since.

Maybe they are waiting for Joe Joe to come out of his shell

BeerHandle
04-27-2004, 02:33 PM
If I remember correctly, the crew is from my hometown of Lansing IL and were in high school. I saw the banner up in the UD during the opening game. But havent seen them at a game since.

Maybe they are waiting for Joe Joe to come out of his shell

I agree, at least he had the one game winner. Crede's Crew is a great advertisement for the Sox if they had high school/college nights.

Crede's Crew Where Are You?