PDA

View Full Version : Mariotti says "Sox fans anal"

JDP
04-27-2004, 08:28 AM
In reading the other post in regards to Mariotti, at least you got to give it to the guy: Mariotti responds to the people who email him. I had emailed him myself and asked him the root for his publicly intense hatred of the Sox. Here was his response:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 6:23 PM
To: 'JDP'
Subject: RE: Question

I have a name. I have been here 13 years. And I don't understand why Sox fans are so damned anal about everything.

wood28
04-27-2004, 08:37 AM
He is just a blowhard who wants to work at the Cubune. The Times has a great oppotunity to bring in all the Sox fans as subscribers if they just show some coverage of the Sox, but instead they have to employ this guy.

Daily Herald/ Daily Southtown here I come.

voodoochile
04-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Sounds like Jay reads WSI. He's taking shots at the Sox because the fans call him Moronotti?

Only goes to prove the point, IMO. Hey, Jay, Get over it. If you are this thin skinned, you really picked the wrong profession...

BeerHandle
04-27-2004, 09:07 AM
Mariotti is the reason I won't listen to AM 1000. The only thing I will listen to is the Sox game and the baseball show with Rooney on Sunday mornings.

Mariotti is an a$$!

Hangar18
04-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Whats the Criteria for being "Anal" ? Say something disparaging 8.1 Miles South ...........

Railsplitter
04-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Mariotti is last person on the face of the Earth to becalling anybody else anal, considering most Sox fans here would describe by using a two word synonym for anus.

bobj4400
04-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JDP
In reading the other post in regards to Mariotti, at least you got to give it to the guy: Mariotti responds to the people who email him. I had emailed him myself and asked him the root for his publicly intense hatred of the Sox. Here was his response:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 6:23 PM
To: 'JDP'
Subject: RE: Question

I have a name. I have been here 13 years. And I don't understand why Sox fans are so damned anal about everything.

What question did you ask him?? This answer makes no sense if you asked him why he has a hatred for the White Sox?

jackbrohamer
04-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
What question did you ask him?? This answer makes no sense if you asked him why he has a hatred for the White Sox?

You're right, the answer is incoherent without knowing the question. Maybe he wrote the answer sometime after the Monday Happy Hour (or in his case, happy hours).

wdelaney72
04-27-2004, 11:31 AM
I'll take the title anal. It's better than his soon to be title of "unemployed".

Drill-rod.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-27-2004, 11:36 AM
:moron
Winner of the 2004 Dingleberry of the Year Award

Irishsox1
04-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Moronetti is right, Sox fans are Anal and Cubs fan are into Anal. Big difference, but totally different in an important way.

JDP
04-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400

"My question is plain and simple. Do you honestly hate the Sox as a franchise and team, or are you just trying to make a name for yourself in this area of shock-jock, shouting at each other, mundane information spewing, 'reporting'?"

MarqSox
04-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Moronetti is right, Sox fans are Anal and Cubs fan are into Anal. Big difference, but totally different in an important way.
Lay off the gay bashing, we're better than that.

Brian26
04-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Does Jay come off like the biggest jackass on the planet or what? Can someone get Bill Simonson back in town so "Huge" can invite Jay out drinking with him on the south side some night? Two for one, anyone?

joecrede
04-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Ironic that he referred to Sox fans as anal. This from a guy who has written the same four columns for the last thirteen years.

McCaskey is cheap.
Tribune Co. is cheap.
Reinsdorf is everything evil under the sun.
Krause is a everything evil under the sun.