PDA

View Full Version : Final: Toronto 6, Minnesota 1

delben91
04-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Looks like the Twins can actually be beat...though perhaps only once every 10 games. Come on Sox, let's take it to the Jndjans tomorrow and put the pressure on!!

GO SOX!!

HomeFish
04-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Who's due to start for us on Friday against Toronto? I want to go to that game, but I've lost track of the rotation and don't want to bother with another Danny Wright start.

MRKARNO
04-26-2004, 11:03 PM
The Friday Pitching matchup is really evenly matched: Danny Wright vs Roy Halladay

Unregistered
04-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Even early, it's amazing how the beatable the Twins look when they're not playing the Tigers, Royals and Jndjans. :o:

HomeFish
04-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
The Friday Pitching matchup is really evenly matched: Danny Wright vs Roy Halladay

Those better be damn good White Sox calendars...

Unregistered
04-26-2004, 11:06 PM
The Friday Pitching matchup is really evenly matched: Danny Wright vs Roy Halladay Damn, can't this count as one of those times when you SKIP your 5th starter??

SoxxoS
04-26-2004, 11:07 PM

I would rather just not play that game... I will be hoping for some serious rain. Halladay has been known to struggle early on in the season...

OEO Magglio
04-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Damn, can't this count as one of those times when you SKIP your 5th starter??
I actually believe they will skip danny and start buehrle, I'm going to the game also, and would much rather see Mark then Danny.

Brian26
04-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Cool, we're only 0.5 games out.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Lilly dominated the twins tonight. I'm loving it!

Mohoney
04-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Half a game out, tied in the loss column. Good stuff.

What's worrying, though, is after a very poor start, Toronto is starting to look like the respectable team we all thought they were going to be. I don't like the idea of Dan Wright vs. Roy Halladay. Hopefully our big bats can touch Halladay up, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe we can get it rained out and get a Buehrle vs. Halladay matchup instead.

stillz
04-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Danny is due to break out and have a very good game one of these outings.

Unregistered
04-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I actually believe they will skip danny and start buehrle, I'm going to the game also, and would much rather see Mark then Danny. I'd like to think that having Wright pitch that game is a very JM thing to do, and that Ozzie would go for the more favorable matchup... maybe that should be in deeppink or teal.

If Danny Wright can't beat Sucky D'Noname and the D-Rays last weekend, he's doomed on Friday. :o:

SoxxoS
04-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by stillz
Danny is due to break out and have a very good game one of these outings.

No he isn't, I don't think he has won a start in a year. I would say there is about a 5% chance of winning if it's Wright against Halladay.

Unregistered
04-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by stillz
Danny is due to break out and have a very good game one of these outings. I think that Wright is one of those guys who just doesn't have it in him to win anything. I know he had a couple 12-15 win years (with a high ERA), but I think he's fallen off hard, and now just doesn't have the makeup to win, period.

It now seems like if we score 3 runs, he'll give up 4 or 5, and if we only score 1 or 2, he's giving up 3 or 4. We need to do something to stop giving up the automatic loss in the #5 spot.

sas1974
04-26-2004, 11:20 PM
In all fairness, Danny's last outing wasn't all that bad.

Unregistered
04-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
In all fairness, Danny's last outing wasn't all that bad. Yep. Typical Dan Wright - Just enough to lose.

ChiSox7
04-26-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Yep. Typical Dan Wright - Just enough to lose.

Aww, come on. He was pretty dominating Saturday night. If Konerko didn't suck and throw that ball away when he had PLENTY of time, he would have only given up 1 ER in six or more innings, because he pitch count would have been lower if not for the error.

It's not Danny's fault the offense is sucking. His start in TB wasn't all that bad either. Only 3 ER given up, and nothing after the second. Again, the offense didn't show up. If you are expecting the fifth starter to have to go out and shut out teams to win, then your expectations are too high. Danny should have 2 wins without our crappy offense so far.

MetalliSox
04-26-2004, 11:38 PM

Thought with the off day we would skip Wright and it would be Buehrle and Halladay? guess I'm wrong.

CHISOXFAN13
04-27-2004, 12:20 AM
As evidenced by a 2-3 mark with a 3.53 ERA, Hallday hasn't exactly been getting the run support he got last season.

For those of you who want Wright to be skipped, I ask why? Buerhle has certainly been less than stellar of late.

SEALgep
04-27-2004, 01:52 AM
I know the rotation won't call for it, but it would be even better if Loaiza went up against Halladay. Cy Young winner vs. Cy Young runner up. Bet it would be a good game.

batmanZoSo
04-27-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
As evidenced by a 2-3 mark with a 3.53 ERA, Hallday hasn't exactly been getting the run support he got last season.

For those of you who want Wright to be skipped, I ask why? Buerhle has certainly been less than stellar of late.

Buehrle does not equal Wright.

SSN721
04-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Even though I still am giving a little more time for Danny (still not sure why) it doesnt seem that he pitches bad, just not good enough. It seems like the team is automatically deflated when he is on the mound. I dont think his game are automatic losses because he necessarily pitches that poorly, it just seems that the team is just not as good behind him or supporting him for some reason. They just seem less capable when he is on the mound, hoperfully they can revers this trend in his next few starts.

BeerHandle
04-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by HomeFish
Who's due to start for us on Friday against Toronto? I want to go to that game, but I've lost track of the rotation and don't want to bother with another Danny Wright start.

Overall White Sox with HomeFish in attendance: 15-22
2004 White Sox with HomeFish in attendance: 1-3
Guess I'm bad luck...
Free Cups of Coffee won by HomeFish in 2004: 3

Homefish:

I love your support of the team, but your record isn't so good. Also, Dunkin Donuts never check to see if the Sox score in the requested inning to receive free coffee. Always get yourself a free medium coffee on Dunkin Donuts.

KEEP SUPPORTING THE TEAM!

Mickster
04-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
2004 White Sox with HomeFish in attendance: 1-3

Homefish: Considering you've been to all 3 home losses... watch the Sox from the comfort of your sofa. :D:

sas1974
04-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
Even though I still am giving a little more time for Danny (still not sure why) it doesnt seem that he pitches bad, just not good enough. It seems like the team is automatically deflated when he is on the mound. I dont think his game are automatic losses because he necessarily pitches that poorly, it just seems that the team is just not as good behind him or supporting him for some reason. They just seem less capable when he is on the mound, hoperfully they can revers this trend in his next few starts.

I think the same could be said for a lot of 5th starters around the league. As for guys not getting up to play when he pitches...These guys want to win every game, no matter who's pitching. When you're standing in the box and some guy is hurling 95mph fastballs in your direction, you're not thinking, "Oh, it's only Danny on the hill today, maybe I won't try as hard." If he keeps pitching like he has the last couple outtings, we'll be fine. He's doing his part to keep the team in the game(lately).

fhqwhgads
04-27-2004, 04:42 PM
In one of the shortest, and angriest, interview sessions of his career, Radke disputed ball-strike calls by home plate umpire Gerry Davis, and also said it's not the first time Davis has made controversial decisions against the Twins.

"I thought I pitched the ball pretty good," Radke said. "Sometimes it's pretty hard to throw when there's no strike zone. The guy [Davis] should turn the page from last year. You can print that. I don't care."

Radke alluded to a four-game series in September in Chicago, during which Davis was in the middle of questionable decisions. Davis ejected manager Ron Gardenhire in the first game of the series Sept. 8.

I'm pretty sure we all remember the horrible calls in that series. Radke's usually a very even-keel guy, and not in any way a whiner. If he says there was a problem, there was a problem.

Link to story (http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/4744086.html)