PDA

View Full Version : Reinsdorf's Son NOT New Sox Marketing Boss

joecrede
04-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Per the SCORE, Brooks Boyer who was head of corporate sales for the Bulls was named new marketing director.

zach23
04-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Brooks sure does have his work cut out for him.

poorme
04-26-2004, 03:23 PM
That sucks. I was hoping for someone outside the "family."

joecrede
04-26-2004, 03:25 PM
He was a member of the ND basketball team 1990-4. :D:

Tekijawa
04-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Maybe we can use that "everything can change in the blink of an eye song!"

CHISOXFAN13
04-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
He was a member of the ND basketball team 1990-4. :D:

Played golf in an outing with him and Jim McMahon last fall. I was unaware that he was working in the Bulls org.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Maybe we can use that "everything can change in the blink of an eye song!"

The problematic part of that is that the Bulls show their quality recent history in that commercial. I'm not sure what the White Sox could use.

34 Inch Stick
04-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by zach23
Brooks sure does have his work cut out for him.

No more difficult than continuing to sell out a stadium for a team that has been horrible for five straight years with 0 star power and a GM loathed by the general population.

This is a great move.

zach23
04-26-2004, 03:32 PM
I wonder if Brooks really applied for the job or if he was the Sox/Bulls employee who drew the shortest straw and won it. :D:

Fridaythe13thJason
04-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
No more difficult than continuing to sell out a stadium for a team that has been horrible for five straight years with 0 star power and a GM loathed by the general population.

This is a great move.

The general population hates John Paxson?

zach23
04-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

This is a great move.

Actually being head of corporate sales for the Bulls right now has to be one of the easiest jobs on the planet. Bulls tickets pretty much sell themsleves, especially to corporations who want to take clients to the place where Jordan onced played.
Maybe Brooks is bored and wants a real challenge.

IlliniSox
04-26-2004, 03:38 PM
JR's loyalty to his own people is legendary. I wonder who else, if anyone, was brought in for an interview from outside the Sox/Bulls group.

sas1974
04-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
The general population hates John Paxson?

I am guessing he's referring to the FORMER GM.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-26-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I am guessing he's referring to the FORMER GM.

Ahhh, makes more sense. Everyone I know loves Pax.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-26-2004, 03:43 PM
I can only hope that the new guy is much better. As long as we don't have Justin Timberlake night with the flying Timberlake's jumping out of planes, we should be ok! Although the idea of Justin jumping out of a plane is an appealing one! :D:

zach23
04-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I can only hope that the new guy is much better. As long as we don't have Justin Timberlake night with the flying Timberlake's jumping out of planes, we should be ok! Although the idea of Justin jumping out of a plane is an appealing one! :D:

I vote for Jenna Jameson night and the flying Jennas jumping from planes.

bobj4400
04-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Any one of us on this board could do that job and it wont make a bit of difference. It does not matter who has the job. Until Uncle Jerry is no longer the face of the organization, the White Sox will have attendance problems. Winning will help and the summer months provide a boost, but the fact remains that Jerry has destroyed the fan base and the Cubs have used this opening to grab a lion's share of the baseball population in Chicago.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-26-2004, 03:49 PM
I vote for Jenna Jameson night and the flying Jennas jumping from planes.

Now that's what I call FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT!!!! :smile:

Although, I would like to have Retro weekends. It would be cool for a few Sunday games for the Sox to pull out retro unis to commemorate the different era's in Sox history. The 1919 unis, the red pin stripes of '72 and of course the winning ugly uni's of '83.

Baby Fisk
04-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
It would be cool for a few Sunday games for the Sox to pull out retro unis to commemorate the different era's in Sox history. The 1919 unis, the red pin stripes of '72 and of course the winning ugly uni's of '83.
I love this idea.

The Sox wore the 83 Winning Ugly unies one weekend in September last year. Was it specifically a 20th anniversary thing?

BeerHandle
04-26-2004, 04:09 PM
We will have to see how season ticket sales improve next year to see what he can do regarding ticket sales and overall attendance.

Promotions - we will have to wait until next year. I believe all are set for this year.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk

The Sox wore the 83 Winning Ugly unies one weekend in September last year. Was it specifically a 20th anniversary thing?

Yeah it was, but they only wore the 83 uni's for the Saturday game that was on FOX.

But seeing the old uni's more often would be fun.

34 Inch Stick
04-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Actually being head of corporate sales for the Bulls right now has to be one of the easiest jobs on the planet. Bulls tickets pretty much sell themsleves, especially to corporations who want to take clients to the place where Jordan onced played.
Maybe Brooks is bored and wants a real challenge.

But he is part of a team that is, overall, doing an excellent job. If you look at the Bulls TV/radio ratings you can see that the team has lost huge fan interest. Yet, the team still seems to be able to get the casual fan to come to the UC. The people also seem to want to come to the games. The Bulls do not have the no show problems that a sold out team like the Bears had a couple of seasons ago. They could just as easily have slipped in fan attendence after the Jordan era but they have not missed a step. That is success. It is wise to hire from people who have had previous success.

Jason, you know who I meant.

jabrch
04-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Any one of us on this board could do that job and it wont make a bit of difference. It does not matter who has the job. Until Uncle Jerry is no longer the face of the organization, the White Sox will have attendance problems. Winning will help and the summer months provide a boost, but the fact remains that Jerry has destroyed the fan base and the Cubs have used this opening to grab a lion's share of the baseball population in Chicago.

That's garbage. I don't think there is a large number of people waiting for JR to no longer be "the face of the organization" before they start coming to games. Until the team builds a regular winner, they will struggle at the gate.

Tekijawa
04-26-2004, 04:37 PM
I hope he reads this board... The smartest thing this guy could do is play to our hatered of the Cubs and the media...

Have things like:

Jay Mariotti Blow up-doll night
Sammy Sosa vitamin night
Tribune Toilet paper roll night
Green Seat Covers night
Mr Prior Dr. Scholles heel inserts

I would also hold a HUGE PRESS CONFERENCE and hand out Mace/pepper spray to the media so they could BRAVE the dangerous southside neighborhood and actually drop by a game every once in a while.

I have more Mr. Boyer, if you're looking for a little help, the place that I'm at now doesn't pay me nearly enough to keep ideas like these in the dark!!! I'll work for peanuts which seems to be the going wage for players over there so I might even work for less!

dllrbll7
04-26-2004, 04:40 PM

Green Seat Covers night

LOL I love it, but not sure how exactly it would work

JohnBasedowYoda
04-27-2004, 01:45 AM
I hope he reads this board... The smartest thing this guy could do is play to our hatered of the Cubs and the media...

Have things like:

Jay Mariotti Blow up-doll night
Sammy Sosa vitamin night
Tribune Toilet paper roll night
Green Seat Covers night
Mr Prior Dr. Scholles heel inserts

I would also hold a HUGE PRESS CONFERENCE and hand out Mace/pepper spray to the media so they could BRAVE the dangerous southside neighborhood and actually drop by a game every once in a while.

I have more Mr. Boyer, if you're looking for a little help, the place that I'm at now doesn't pay me nearly enough to keep ideas like these in the dark!!! I'll work for peanuts which seems to be the going wage for players over there so I might even work for less!

love it, but the blowup doll thing seems a little odd.....

SSN721
04-27-2004, 07:00 AM

Green Seat Covers night

Uh oh, here we go again. :D:

BeerHandle
04-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Does anyone have Brooks Boyer's email address? I tried to find it on the Bulls web site, but didn't have any luck.

Tekijawa
04-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
Does anyone have Brooks Boyer's email address? I tried to find it on the Bulls web site, but didn't have any luck.

I heard he works for the SOx now ... Did you look over there?

BeerHandle
04-27-2004, 02:11 PM
I heard he works for the SOx now ... Did you look over there?

He is going to have a brief transition before he joins the Sox. I think one of the first things he should do is open his email address to the Sox faithful or open a "suggestion box" email for the fans.