PDA

View Full Version : 'Thomas Watch' turns out to be a silent vigil

Realist
04-26-2004, 03:11 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-040425morrissey,1,2470041.column?coll=cs-whitesox-utility

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen had thrown down the gauntlet Friday. Thomas doesn't get the credit he deserves, Guillen said, and the proof was in how the Tribune dealt with Thomas' hamstring injury and how it is dealing with the Achilles' tendon injury to the Cubs' Mark Prior.

There's a "Prior Watch," the newspaper's daily update on the pitcher's condition, but when Thomas recently missed three games because of injury, there was no "Frank Thomas Watch."

"You know, it's nothing against the kid, but come on," Guillen had said. " Frank Thomas is way better than Prior. Frank has done more things for this town than Prior. I give all the respect to Mark, don't take me wrong. But, my God."

Ozzie is definitely a Sox fan. It would be cool if he started posting here, but he'd just sound like the rest of us.

:smile:

Baby Fisk
04-26-2004, 03:16 PM
:ozzie
"How come we can't have green seats?!"

"Lemme tell you about this idiot Cubs fan I met at a bar!"

"Gammons is a moron!"

"Reinsdorf is a cheap ass SOB!"

"Ozzie is the greatest manager in Sox history!"

JohnBasedowYoda
04-26-2004, 03:49 PM

"hey i was at the game on sat, where were yous?"

Clembasbal
04-26-2004, 04:00 PM
I like it...but he had to put Cubs crap in there.

I think it was only in there so that people over the world searching for Cubs on Goggle can retrieve the file.

BearSox
04-26-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm sure Willsy filled him in on our little secret that we know as WSI. I bet Ozzie would have quite the out of nowhere screen name like, "Sweet Cuppin Cakes" or something.