PDA

View Full Version : Strangest jersey you've seen at a game?

Bobby Thigpen
04-26-2004, 02:40 PM
What is the strangest, most bizarre, unique, or little known Sox player's jersey that you've seen on one of your trips to US Cellular?

Mine has to be the guy I see there all the time with the grey #34 Walter Payton jersey. I think it's cool, but I don't really know why he has a Payton Sox jersey.

anewman35
04-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
What is the strangest, most bizarre, unique, or little known Sox player's jersey that you've seen on one of your trips to US Cellular?

Mine has to be the guy I see there all the time with the grey #34 Walter Payton jersey. I think it's cool, but I don't really know why he has a Payton Sox jersey.

Opening Day I saw a Jamie Burke jersery. I had no idea anybody cared about him at all...

Tekijawa
04-26-2004, 02:57 PM
I saw a Koch Jersey on some JOKE in the bullpen at the last game I went to.

SoxFan78
04-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Not really strange, but on opening day saw a Florida Marlin Bartman Jersey. Got a picture of it, he never paid for a beer all day

eurotrash35
04-26-2004, 03:05 PM
not sox-related but I saw woo woo in the middle of a parking lot a couple blocks down from the cell wearing his full getup, that was pretty strange.

come to think of it I also saw him in milwaukee at summerfest back in 2002, also wearing his beloved cubs jersey.

Irishsox1
04-26-2004, 03:09 PM
I saw an official black road jersey with the name CUBS SUCK and the number 69.

blackjack29
04-26-2004, 03:09 PM
There used to be a guy walking around in a Doug Rader jersey a few years back.

JohnJeter
04-26-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
I saw an official black road jersey with the name CUBS SUCK and the number 69.

But that would also indicate there was some sort of reciprocation, wouldn't it?

anewman35
04-26-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by eurotrash35
not sox-related but I saw woo woo in the middle of a parking lot a couple blocks down from the cell wearing his full getup, that was pretty strange.

come to think of it I also saw him in milwaukee at summerfest back in 2002, also wearing his beloved cubs jersey.

He was at Soxfest 2003, in the Cubs jersery. Why, I have no clue.

eurotrash35
04-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
He was at Soxfest 2003, in the Cubs jersery. Why, I have no clue.

lol, I stopped trying to figure out woo woo a long time ago

Rocky Soprano
04-26-2004, 03:25 PM
I've seen woo woo at Sox games. He goes cause he is always trying to get people to pay attention to him. And people usually do. I just ignore him. I remember at one Sox game he got booed and they kept yelling stuff at him. He ended up getting up from his seat and left.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-26-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Opening Day I saw a Jamie Burke jersery. I had no idea anybody cared about him at all...

Those sorts of things are almost always family or close friends.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-26-2004, 04:38 PM
i saw this one chick wearing a non-Sox, or even sports related jersey that said "durty south" on it. had a good laugh

chidonez
04-26-2004, 04:53 PM
I believe "durty south" refers to the deep south.

I saw a sox jersey at wrigley last year with the name "iam drunk". The number was upside down.

depy48
04-26-2004, 04:58 PM
kenny lofton or jose canseco

i'll probably pretty strange in my Colon jersey though :D:

illini13
04-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Carlos Castillo jersey last year......wierd!

DrummerGeorgefan
04-26-2004, 06:58 PM
There is a Man Soo Lee jersey out there at times.

Some one also was sporting the Donn Pall jersey once. I dont know if it was Donn himself, but its was a nice find.

Also, I have seen a Steve Walsh Bears Jersey (why, I dont know).

CWSGuy406
04-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Little known fact - WooWoo used to be a Sox fan, but people got angry at his annoying antics, so he turned into a Cub fan. Wow, how typical, a bandwagon jumper...

CWSGuy406
04-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
There is a Man Soo Lee jersey out there at times.

Some one also was sporting the Donn Pall jersey once. I dont know if it was Donn himself, but its was a nice find.

Also, I have seen a Steve Walsh Bears Jersey (why, I dont know).

That's pretty sweet - Donn Pall is my mom's cousin, honestly.

row18
04-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I saw a Koch Jersey on some JOKE in the bullpen at the last game I went to.

Funniest thing i heard all day!
Thank You

hsnterprize
04-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
i saw this one chick wearing a non-Sox, or even sports related jersey that said "durty south" on it. had a good laugh "Durty south" is a hip-hop term. If often pertains to the inner-city neighborhoods within southern cities.

batmanZoSo
04-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by eurotrash35

I saw woo-woo last year in the west parking lot before a sox/red sox game.

I also saw a few pretty obscure jerseys in my lifetime, including Chad Fonville, Jesus Peņa, and Mike Lavalliere.

MarqSox
04-26-2004, 09:26 PM
I used to have a game-used Kirk McCaskill road jersey, which I bought at Sox Fest in 1998 or 1999. I wore it to games for about a year and then sold it on eBay for about 3 times what I paid for it. :cool:

DrummerGeorgefan
04-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
I used to have a game-used Kirk McCaskill road jersey, which I bought at Sox Fest in 1998 or 1999. I wore it to games for about a year and then sold it on eBay for about 3 times what I paid for it. :cool:

Must to have been tough to part with that.....

Thunderstruck30
04-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Aaron Myette.

jabrch
04-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Speaking of which, when was the Garage Sale rescheduled for?

RichFitztightly
04-27-2004, 03:09 PM
It's not a Sox Jersey but the most obscure jersey I've seen (surprisingly often) is:

Yinka Dare

Bobby Thigpen
04-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Speaking of which, when was the Garage Sale rescheduled for?

Saturday June 19th at 9 am. According to the Sox website its supposed to be in the outfield instead of deep in the bowels of US Cellular. The also renamed it the Sox Yard Sale. I'm not sure, but I seem to recall it saying something about being able to hang out on the field as well. I know I'm a loser, but I liked going to the Garage Sale. It's pretty funny what kind of jerseys they have at those things. I'm just hoping to pick up a Jose Paniagua jersey this year.

oheeoh...magglio
04-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan78
Not really strange, but on opening day saw a Florida Marlin Bartman Jersey. Got a picture of it, he never paid for a beer all day

That could be the coolest jersey of all time, and the coolest picture of all time for that matter. :gulp:

thepaulbowski
04-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
Those sorts of things are almost always family or close friends.

Or something bought at one of the White Sox garage sales.

Mickster
04-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
I'm just hoping to pick up a Jose Paniagua jersey this year.

Actually, that would be hilarious to those who know the history behind it......

soxwon
04-27-2004, 05:40 PM
i saw a guy near irving and clark, by the cemetary , when the cubs played the reds.
he and im not kidding you was hawking cub tshirts with WOODS & MADDOX for $5 a piece i saw three little kids buying one each.
what a scam- i stood there and laughed, shot the guy a dirty eye, he looked at me and said "what"!!!

woodenleg
04-27-2004, 05:49 PM
I know!! I've wanted a Paniagua jersey since last year!! It's a brilliant idea.

:)

Paniagua is a LEGEND!

DSpivack
04-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Someone previously mentioned Carlos Castillo; I saw a guy w/ a Castillo jersey last year; who knows might even be the same guy.

I saw a guy with a Dickey Simpkins Bulls jersey either last year or the year before.

But I can't wait to get my JoJo English Bulls jersey.

Unregistered
04-27-2004, 07:12 PM
My Favorite:
:D:

santo=dorf
04-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
i saw a guy near irving and clark, by the cemetary , when the cubs played the reds.
he and im not kidding you was hawking cub tshirts with WOODS & MADDOX for $5 a piece i saw three little kids buying one each.
what a scam- i stood there and laughed, shot the guy a dirty eye, he looked at me and said "what"!!!

I'm sure they were just defected products.

SoxBoy14
04-27-2004, 07:36 PM
It wasn't at a Sox game, but at Bears training camp I saw some kid wearing a shirt that said Chicago's Biggest Mistake and it had a picture of Comiskey Park and under it in big letters read Sox Suck! I felt like kicking the kids ass but Urlacher was signing autographs so I left him alone in order to get my football signed, which I did.

whitesoxwilkes
04-27-2004, 07:54 PM
I am the proud owner of an '83 jersey and pants which were made up (but obviously unused) for Brian West for the Turn Back The Clock game last year. Got them at the garage sale at Soxfest for $100.

jackbrohamer
04-27-2004, 08:00 PM
I saw a guy on the street a few days ago with a Bears home jersey, but with all the patches from the Flubs' jersies (Harry Caray logo, the "Hey Hey," little cubbie, etc.) Instead of a person's name he had "Chicago" on the back.