PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie

anewman35
04-26-2004, 09:55 AM
So, three weeks in, what do we think of the Ozzie hiring now?

Baby Fisk
04-26-2004, 09:59 AM
A definite improvement, no ifs ands or buts. Rock on, Ozzie!

KingXerxes
04-26-2004, 10:06 AM
We'll see (I still have my doubts).

SEALgep
04-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
We'll see (I still have my doubts). Of course you do. :D:

SSN721
04-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
We'll see (I still have my doubts).

This wouldnt be a Sox website if at least half the posters didnt doubt most of the team and organization. :D: I think he has been a vast improvement despite an occasional mistake here and there, but he is a rookie manager and it is always easier to manage a game when it is over.

jlh0023
04-26-2004, 01:31 PM
I liked the hiring of Ozzie from the start. I think there is some validity to the concerns of some fans, but with any new manager worries will occur. I think the energy he brings to the team and the emphasis on speed, defense, and average hitting, along with his aggresive offense are very refreshing for Sox fans in general. Because he was an offender, and worked as a third base coach in florida he doesn't have the experience managing the bullpen, or working with pitchers; but those are skills he will pick up as he works with the other coaches. Coming in I new he wouldn't be an all-star coach from the start, but i'm happy (generally) with the way things are going and forsee a bright future. The changes he has made are definately evident already....(i.e. Paul Konerko on the base paths, pitchers walking 2+ batters without a replacement already on the mound or in the bullpen, general faith in players and aggressive ball).

sas1974
04-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
This wouldnt be a Sox website if at least half the posters didnt doubt most of the team and organization. :D: I think he has been a vast improvement despite an occasional mistake here and there, but he is a rookie manager and it is always easier to manage a game when it is over.

Mistakes happen though, even to veteran managers. Just ask Dusty. I think Ozzie has handled things very well so far. If nothing else, he should be commended for the energy he has injected into these guys. I shudder to think what our record would be right now w/ JM at the helm.

SSN721
04-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Mistakes happen though, even to veteran managers. Just ask Dusty. I think Ozzie has handled things very well so far. If nothing else, he should be commended for the energy he has injected into these guys. I shudder to think what our record would be right now w/ JM at the helm.

I totally agree, I vertainly dont think any of his mistakes are of the nature that we need a new manager or everyone should already be calling for him to be fired. I dont understand how we are so quick to judge him or other players on such a small sample, yet other players are just going to come around. I think that I cant make up my mind for sure on him right now just like I am not ready to make up my mind on any of the other question marks on this team. So far I am very pleased with the performance of this team and happy how things are working out so far, but it has only been about a month.

MRKARNO
04-26-2004, 02:13 PM
He's been pretty good so far. He knows how to manage a bullpen, but I still think he leaves starters in about 5-10 pitches too long. That can really add up over the course of a season.