PDA

View Full Version : Hangar-Media Watch?

Palehose13
04-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Hangar are you still conducting the media watch? If so, what is the count? I am composing a letter to the cubune...

Thanks,
ph13

sas1974
04-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Hangar are you still conducting the media watch? If so, what is the count? I am composing a letter to the cubune...

Thanks,
ph13

Be sure to forward that along to the Cub-Times as well, since Moronatti seems to think baseball coverage in this town is fair and balanced. Here's a quote from his 4/26 article:

For the record, the Sox received comprehensive coverage in both Chicago papers after Guillen won his home debut. For the record, print, radio and TV coverage has been split fairly so far between the ballclubs. While I've been critical of some local media of being too loyal to their childhood allegiances, which is amateurism of the lowest order in my business, most outlets base coverage on a team's success. Since the Sox have been winning, they've received a reasonable shake. Even the Tribune, which owns the Cubs, has maintained a sensible proportion on its sleepy sports page.

Palehose13
04-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Ah yes, I read Jay's piece...bad. I will send it to him and others. I will post it when I finish composing it also.