PDA

View Full Version : Ginter Shuts-Down The Knights

DrCrawdad
04-26-2004, 08:50 AM
http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/ginter

Was Ginter working as a starter or in the pen for the Knights last year?

FormerKnight
04-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Out of the pen.
I believe he was also closing games at one point last year.

SEALgep
04-26-2004, 11:25 AM
We didn't trade him because he sucked in the minors. It's the next level that gives him trouble. He very well could remedy that, but I wasn't particulary upset over the trade. Perez has shown he can be a very valuable 4th outfielder and left handed off the bench bat.

jeremyb1
04-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
We didn't trade him because he sucked in the minors. It's the next level that gives him trouble. He very well could remedy that, but I wasn't particulary upset over the trade. Perez has shown he can be a very valuable 4th outfielder and left handed off the bench bat.

He didn't pitch so many innings at "the next level" so I don't know how you could say that with any certainty.

SEALgep
04-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
He didn't pitch so many innings at "the next level" so I don't know how you could say that with any certainty. Say what with certainty, that he didn't perform at the next level, but it's possible he can remedy that. How is that not the case. Ya, they were limited innings, that's why I said it the way I did. However, limited or not, I'm not sad he's gone.

iwannago
04-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep

I agree Ginter always looked good in the minors never in the majors.

jabrch
04-26-2004, 01:21 PM
I have no problem either with Ginter for Timo. Timo does a lot of things that we need on this team. Since we have no room on the roster for Wunsch, I don't see a spot for Ginter even close to realistic.

hold2dibber
04-26-2004, 02:35 PM
I never thought that Ginter got a fair shake here. I didn't like the trade at the time because I figured Ginter was better than Adkins - but Adkins has been fantastic so far, so I can't really criticize the move at this point. With that said, I don't think Timo brings much to the table. The Sox really could use someone who could actually hit off of the bench - Timo can't.

munchman33
04-26-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
The Sox really could use someone who could actually hit off of the bench - Timo can't.

They could use that in the regular lineup, too.