PDA

View Full Version : Willsy on WSI

Whitesox029
04-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Just thought I'd say... I heard Willsy mention our beloved WSI on the air today. Something in the vein of: "the WSI patrons were griping about the decision to put in Dransfeldt at the time but in the end they were celebrating happily like the rest of us." Anyone else catch this? Is this a new thing or am I the only one that doesn't know that Willsy visits WSI?

MRKARNO
04-26-2004, 12:05 AM
He mentions us on the air all the time. He likes to troll around here and if he posts he does it under an anonymous name, or at least I dont know it.

But if you're reading this Wills, I'm sure you were probably doubtful that Drandsfeldt could get the job done just like all of us were. And quite frankly, he was practically given that hit. He was out there swinging on every pitch and Miller gave him the fastball over the plate.

DMarte708
04-26-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
Just thought I'd say... I heard Willsy mention our beloved WSI on the air today. Something in the vein of: "the WSI patrons were griping about the decision to put in Dransfeldt at the time but in the end they were celebrating happily like the rest of us." Anyone else catch this? Is this a new thing or am I the only one that doesn't know that Willsy visits WSI?

Yes sir, many here have noted (for a long time) that Willsy regularly plugs WSI. I'd be more interested to know if he actually posts here....and if he does what is his member name. I'm sure our mods know but have taken a oath of silence never to reveal his identity. :D:

mweflen
04-26-2004, 12:10 AM
Okay, excuse me for being vvvverrryyy slow here, but does "Willsy" refer to Ken Williams?

CubKilla
04-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by mweflen
Okay, excuse me for being vvvverrryyy slow here, but does "Willsy" refer to Ken Williams?

Dave Wills..... the guy who hosts the pre and postgame shows on AM1000 in Chicago.

mweflen
04-26-2004, 12:14 AM
Ah. Thanks.

And personally, I wasn't groaning at all about Ozzie's decision to call on Kelly D.

I was still in the midst of groaning about Piniella's pitching change because he was for some reason afraid of Timo Perez's pinch-hitting prowess.

I was freakin' COLD by the 9th! :smile:

Whitesox029
04-26-2004, 12:17 AM
In that case, Willsy if you're reading this, thanks for being the proverbial radio-voice of White Sox fans, expressing how we feel about things. I love the "Ohhhh-noooo"s when the Cubs lose. Keep it up!

mweflen
04-26-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm not much of a radio listener... but maybe i should become one! :smile:

hose
04-26-2004, 07:13 AM

:wills

HomeFish
04-26-2004, 08:10 AM
I actually found out about this place because Wills mentioned it.

jabrch
04-26-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by HomeFish
I actually found out about this place because Wills mentioned it.

Me Too

BeerHandle
04-26-2004, 09:35 AM
I'm not much of a radio listener... but maybe i should become one! :smile:

The pre and post game is great. Also, the baseball show on Sunday mornings with Rooney is great.

The South-Side Will Rise Again!

zach23
04-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Wills is the man. It will be a sad day if I ever turn on the Sox post game show and do not hear his familiar voice. I am happy to say that I got to share a few beers with him at Jimbo's thanks to Steff.

Whitesox029
04-26-2004, 06:25 PM
For some reason, radio personalities seem to be the most accessible celebrities. Maybe it's because they're the most like us nobodies and know what it's like to be one.

LongLiveFisk
04-26-2004, 06:36 PM

Hmmm..maybe he popped into the chatroom that day?

ode to veeck
04-26-2004, 08:39 PM
There was serious DREAD going on in the chat when Dransfelt came in to PH, kinda felt like deja vu of Wee Willie coming in to PH in the 9th the day before, and it got worse as the count dropped to 0-2 ...

... then at the end of the game when there was like 5 non-stop minutes worth of "woohoo" and "bark" type audio effects--hope Willsy had his PC audio on mute in the booth

hsnterprize
04-26-2004, 09:25 PM
For some reason, radio personalities seem to be the most accessible celebrities. Maybe it's because they're the most like us nobodies and know what it's like to be one. As a somewhat-radio-personality myself, I can vouch for that statement. Radio personalities have to work 30-hour days/8-day weeks in order to get noticed. So when they do finally get the gig that puts them over the top, they never forget what and who brought them there.

OurBitchinMinny
04-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Who whined about dransfeldt being in? Right now Id rather see him in for either crede or harris.

TDog
04-27-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
There was serious DREAD going on in the chat when Dransfelt came in to PH, kinda felt like deja vu of Wee Willie coming in to PH in the 9th the day before, and it got worse as the count dropped to 0-2 ...

... then at the end of the game when there was like 5 non-stop minutes worth of "woohoo" and "bark" type audio effects--hope Willsy had his PC audio on mute in the booth

Nobody in the chat room was happy to see Dransfelt come up. Some seemed to be wondering if the Sox would ever win again. Most were lamenting being two games in back of the uncatchable Twinks. But it was like the scoreboard exploding on my computer when Uribe walked.

The chat room is a very cool place to take in a Sox game. If you don't have television or radio coverage, it's like being blindfolded and sitting in the grandstand at the Cell, with everybody talking about what they're seeing. I don't get home most nights until after 11 p.m. Chicago time or I would visit it more.

wdelaney72
04-27-2004, 11:39 AM
In that case, Willsy if you're reading this, thanks for being the proverbial radio-voice of White Sox fans, expressing how we feel about things. I love the "Ohhhh-noooo"s when the Cubs lose. Keep it up!

Speak for yourself.

Wills needs to se some therapy about his Cub issues. I don't like them either, but get over it and worry about your own team!

soxnut
04-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by wdelaney72
Speak for yourself.

Wills needs to se some therapy about his Cub issues. I don't like them either, but get over it and worry about your own team!

I think that is therapy for him. He is in the media, which seems to have alot of Cubs fans. He probably has to put up with alot of crap from his media bretheren, so let him do it.

Hangar18
04-27-2004, 01:08 PM
I like how no matter where I see Willsy, whether in the BullPen Bar or at Jimbos, he always refers to my WSI alias ................
"Hows it going Hangar"

steff
04-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Speak for yourself.

Maybe him and Ozzie can carpool....???

wdelaney72
04-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by steff
Maybe him and Ozzie can carpool....???

Willsy will only ride in Ozzie's car if he gets from "___ Dodge".

"Aw shucks I paid too much."

steff
04-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Willsy will only ride in Ozzie's car if he gets from "___ Dodge".

"Aw shucks I paid too much."

Oye... here we go again.. :D:

Brian26
04-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by steff
Oye... here we go again.. :D:

:wills

"That's South Oak Dodge in Matteson. And of course, Beltin' Bill and myself will be hittin' TC's after the game to hang and bang with the lovely ladies down there. Did I mention that Rose Mortgage is one of our sponsers?"