PDA

View Full Version : Permenant Green on Uniforms

Champs2004
04-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Why not use dark green in our uniforms. for holidays and on sundays we have a dark green uniform similar to the black ones.

For the home uniforms use green as a "shadow" similar to the mets, use the diamond sock patch, and also get rid of the pinstripes.

For the Black Jerseys for the letters and numbers use green between the silver and white trim.

For the Road unis use green for shadowing.

TornLabrum
04-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Champs2004
Why not use dark green in our uniforms. for holidays and on sundays we have a dark green uniform similar to the black ones.

For the home uniforms use green as a "shadow" similar to the mets, use the diamond sock patch, and also get rid of the pinstripes.

For the Black Jerseys for the letters and numbers use green between the silver and white trim.

WHY?

RedPinStripes
04-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Enough with the god damn green already! The walls are green and the seats are coming. ****, the old park wasnt green.

Champs2004
04-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Enough with the god damn green already! The walls are green and the seats are coming. ****, the old park wasnt green.

In all honesty, i think that my idea will sell

Brian26
04-25-2004, 09:17 PM

Dude, no offense, but this has been talked about several times recently here.

The White Sox uniforms in their current state are untouchable. They are classic and perfect. The franchise made the mistake over the years by constantly switching the uniforms, and their choices with the uniforms were usually very poor. Keeping the current unis helps establish tradition. They are classy looking and just about as good as they can get. There's no reason to change them.

Nard
04-25-2004, 09:19 PM
The road greys are the best looking road unis in the game. Bar none.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Screw green. I vote for chartreuse.

HomeFish
04-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Similar to the Mets? Did I just hear that phrase used in a positive context?!

illinibk
04-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
WHY?

Exactly. What is wrong with just having two uniforms, a home and an away? Why does a team need an alternate jersey for whenever they feel like wearing them? They really serve no purpose other than as additional merchandise revenue for MLB

DSpivack
04-25-2004, 10:07 PM
:threadsucks

MarqSox
04-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Uh, no.

batmanZoSo
04-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by illinibk
Exactly. What is wrong with just having two uniforms, a home and an away? Why does a team need an alternate jersey for whenever they feel like wearing them? They really serve no purpose other than as additional merchandise revenue for MLB

I like the black vests. I don't care for the pinstripe shirts. It looks too much like the Yankees.

doublem23
04-25-2004, 10:46 PM
No... No green. No red. No blue. No anything... The uniforms, as they are now, are great. Maybe Top 5 in all of baseball. The pinstripes is classic, the road grays are great, the black tops are all right, but overused, and today we had a showing of the sweet, sweet vests.

DON'T **** WITH THE UNIFORMS!

Whitesox029
04-25-2004, 10:56 PM

I can't envision it well enough to determine if I like it or not. Let's see some Photoshop action please!

SEALgep
04-25-2004, 10:58 PM
I think we have some of the better uniforms in baseball.

doublem23
04-25-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
I can't envision it well enough to determine if I like it or not. Let's see some Photoshop action please!

All you need to know is we are the White Sox.

batmanZoSo
04-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Exactly. Why were we so in love with red and blue for so many years? Some of the uniforms we've worn in the past were just a joke. All these colors do not represent the White Sox in any way. If you have a name like the "Mets," you can pick any color you want, but we already have the only possible colors that wouldn't conflict with the team name. Black, grey, and white are all just varying degrees of each other.

I would never change the color scheme, or the logos. I would like white socks and for them to wear the silver billed BP hat on the road.

Jerko
04-26-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by DSpivack
:threadsucks

What he said. Enough already.

WhiteSox = Life
04-26-2004, 12:16 AM

:walnuts
"Then, why do we wear black stockings?"

No, but seriously, don't change.

:smile:

scottyl
04-26-2004, 12:42 AM
No... No green. No red. No blue. No anything... The uniforms, as they are now, are great. Maybe Top 5 in all of baseball. The pinstripes is classic, the road grays are great, the black tops are all right, but overused, and today we had a showing of the sweet, sweet vests.

DON'T **** WITH THE UNIFORMS!

Couldn't agree more!

The current uniforms are fantastic. And yes, the vests certainly are sweet.

Here's my radical uniform change idea: put the diamond-sox logo that is on the road jersey's sleeve on the home uniforms' sleeve. Then, that's it. No more changes!

Jeremy
04-26-2004, 01:15 AM
I think the all Black jersey is the best in baseball.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-26-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

ever drink chartreuse?! good ****.

as for the uni's...if the whole freakin park is green, grass is green, why make the uni's green? almost everything in miller park is green tinted (except the uni's) and it's soooo bland to have everything one color. the uniforms are totally awesome the way they are. classic desing. every other team pretty much copies our trendsetting style because of this.....

Our boys are dessed sharp and dressed to win

ihatethecubs
04-26-2004, 03:09 AM
i think all the players should wear green makeup, the uniforms, pants, shoes, and hats should be green, they should even paint the entire facade of the park green. we should have green dirt, green bases, and green chalk lines. everyone in attendace should be completely covered in green. everytime a player hits a home run, everyone should chant "green, green, green." we should trade magglio to LA for sean green. al green should sing the national anther before every game. they should play nothing but green day songs during the game. they should have green beer and green hot dogs served by vendors in green shirts.

SSN721
04-26-2004, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
i think all the players should wear green makeup, the uniforms, pants, shoes, and hats should be green, they should even paint the entire facade of the park green. we should have green dirt, green bases, and green chalk lines. everyone in attendace should be completely covered in green. everytime a player hits a home run, everyone should chant "green, green, green." we should trade magglio to LA for sean green. al green should sing the national anther before every game. they should play nothing but green day songs during the game. they should have green beer and green hot dogs served by vendors in green shirts.

Very nice. :D: I dont understand why there is any push at all for uniform changes, I would say if anything we have too much as it is. I would be perfectly happy with just the home pinstripes and road greys. Why why why do we need all these alternate jerseys? I love the all black, but we use it too much. And personally I dont like the vest or vest-like jerseys one bit, we could dump those and I woul dhave no problem. but enough with the damn green. I am getting sick of everyone wanting to dump 50000 gallons of green paint on the stadium and uniforms.

starboy0
04-26-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
The White Sox uniforms in their current state are untouchable. They are classic and perfect.

I agree 100%! No need to change the coolest uniforms in MLB.

starboy0
04-26-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
If you have a name like the "Mets," you can pick any color you want...

Just an interesting piece of trivia: The Mets took blue for Brooklyn Dodger Blue and orange for the New York Giants.

But nothing can touch the Sox's current silver, black and white!

MarqSox
04-26-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
I am getting sick of everyone wanting to dump 50000 gallons of green paint on the stadium and uniforms.
Amen.

Railsplitter
04-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Brian26

The White Sox uniforms in their current state are untouchable. They are classic and perfect. The franchise made the mistake over the years by constantly switching the uniforms, and their choices with the uniforms were usually very poor. Keeping the current unis helps establish tradition. They are classy looking and just about as good as they can get. There's no reason to change them.

True, the Current Sox unis are much better than any of the pulloever era, but I'd rather the home whites resemble the Tigers than Yankers

SSN721
04-26-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
True, the Current Sox unis are much better than any of the pulloever era, but I'd rather the home whites resemble the Tigers than Yankers

I agree, I really wish the Tigers werent in our division so I wouldnt feel guilty about buying their home whites. Those are right up there with my favorite jerseys of all time any era. I think they are timeless and much cooler than the Yankee pinstripes.

Malgar 12
04-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Ugly ugly, ugly, thats why you dont want green in the uniforms.
Green and black have zero contrast and are not complimentary. The uniforms are fine the way they are.

ewokpelts
04-26-2004, 11:44 AM

um...how bout no?
Gene

ewokpelts
04-26-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
It's offical...George is on Crack.
Gene

ewokpelts
04-26-2004, 11:48 AM
We should get Blue Pinstipes. And replace the S-O-X with a big C.

Gene

blueeyes33
04-26-2004, 12:36 PM
green uniforms? damn irishmen

Bobby Thigpen
04-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Of all the things that are screwed up about the Sox and need some work, the jerseys are the least of their problems. Leave them alone forever!!! :angry:

Hangar18
04-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Hey Green ..........is Horrible.

chidonez
04-26-2004, 04:03 PM
I just got the road jacket. It's nice. I somewhat agree with the pinstripe/yankees remark, but I don't think you can improve on the unis all that much. Why do you think so many people have the white on black hats. There isn't a badder hat in baseball.

SpringfldFan
04-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Get rid of the stripe down the pants of the road greys. I hate that. And put the old swoosh "White Sox" tail underneath the script "Chicago". Then I have no complaints.

Iguana775
04-26-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

They should wear green face paint too. woo hoo! lol. :)

jlh0023
04-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Green's okay, but how bout a nice maroon, or lavender..... Why are you arguing about this, it's retarded. Why would they put green in their uniforms and whats wrong with the uniforms now. This is stupid and why are we wasting time discussing the uniform color.