PDA

View Full Version : Who have you been most dissapointed with thus far this season

Petch
04-25-2004, 07:48 PM
In a season with some nice surprises (Gload, Konerko, etc.), there have also been some unexpected dissapointments. Who has been the worst so far?

kermittheefrog
04-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Well dissapointment implies expectations. If I expected more from Ozzie Guillen he would be my biggest dissapointment. Right now I guess Buehrle is my biggest dissapointment but there is reason to believe he'll turn things around like a 20/8 K/BB but its worth worrying about he's already allowed 5 homers.

SD Scott 7
04-25-2004, 08:05 PM
I voted for Carlos Lee. I have a feeling he'll come around sooner or later. Koch has been the worst of the bunch, but I never expected anything from him to begin with.

HomeFish
04-25-2004, 08:16 PM
After this game, Carlos Lee. I doubt I would have said that before, but today was simply unacceptable.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-25-2004, 08:19 PM
I'd have to agree with others by saying C Lee. He's been getting too many 1st pitch outs the past few games. That's not what you want from a guy that you just gave a $15 mil/2 year contract to.

MRKARNO
04-25-2004, 08:37 PM
I voted for Lee, but I wanted to vote for Crede too

mweflen
04-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I have to abstain from voting without a Crede checkbox...

jeremyb1
04-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Crede. Buehrle's probably second.

MUsoxfan
04-25-2004, 11:59 PM
I vote for "None of the Above". Willie Harris is by far the most disappointing. He was supposed to be Ozzie's pet project over the winter and as far as I can tell, he's about the worst lead-off man out there. Everytime I see him bunt a ball outside the foul line more than once an at-bat I want him to drop and do 20 pushups.

batmanZoSo
04-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by MUsoxfan
I vote for "None of the Above". Willie Harris is by far the most disappointing. He was supposed to be Ozzie's pet project over the winter and as far as I can tell, he's about the worst lead-off man out there. Everytime I see him bunt a ball outside the foul line more than once an at-bat I want him to drop and do 20 pushups.

Why doesn't he ever bunt it the other way? If you do it right, where the pitcher has to field it, it's the best way to get on base bunting because the throw-out is a lot farther away and you got momentum going the other way. Even if the third baseman comes up and grabs it, there's a good chance for a bad throw. And again, it's a longer throw. For ---'s sake Willie, try something new.

mweflen
04-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Yes, I wanted to pick Willie as the biggest disapointment... but it's the old expectation/result thing. I EXPECT Crede to hit .280 with some power. So when he hits under .200, it's a big disappointment.

I EXPECT Willie to hit .220 and look like a fool in a good portion of his at-bats. So I'm basically right on the money for the moment (today's 3-4 game besides).

Ozzie was none too pleased about Willie's attempted bunt with the winning run on 2nd.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040425soxbits,1,4723500.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

"If I make a call like that, I quit this game," Guillen said. "I know that's dumb. The only thing I have never seen in my life is when you have the go-ahead run on second base and you try to bunt. We have got to do better than that."

Ken Williams:

"It's not too early; Willie needs to pick it up," Sox general manager Ken Williams said. "It's not a news flash. He knows it. He is giving everything he has, and he's got it in him."

Oy, vey... let's hope that the foolish optimism runs out soon! Jose Vidro is waiting to come to a contender, Kenny!

JohnBasedowYoda
04-26-2004, 02:00 AM
crede will turn around. he's a hard worker and will provide for the team

mweflen
04-26-2004, 03:12 AM
I agree. I just hope his turnaround starts at the point where he can contribute .275-plus and 85-plus RBI, unlike last year.

SSN721
04-26-2004, 06:44 AM
Yeah I have to say that I was expecting quite a bit more from Crede. He has been nice getting some clutch hits but that seems to be the only hits I can remember him getting......at all.

muckdogs624
04-26-2004, 01:24 PM
I really thought Koch was going to pull out of his slump from last season, but obviously i was wrong...