PDA

View Full Version : Question...

hsnterprize
04-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Why was Kenny Williams at WRIGLEY FIELD this afternoon? Anyone got the 4-1-1 about that? Is KW thinking about stealing a player away from the north side? CBS 2 showed K'Dub there during their 5:30 newscast this evening.

MRKARNO
04-25-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
Why was Kenny Williams at WRIGLEY FIELD this afternoon? Anyone got the 4-1-1 about that? Is KW thinking about stealing a player away from the north side? CBS 2 showed K'Dub there during their 5:30 newscast this evening.

To visit his friend Dusty Baker. They both grew up together in Sacramento and the White Sox had a start an hour later and he was there more than 2 hours before the Cubs game started.

jabrch
04-25-2004, 06:00 PM

KW and Dusty Baker are good friends. They are both Sacramento guys and have had a long relationship. KW talks to Dusty a lot, and called him this week to say he was coming to visit. He showed up in Sox clothing, (hat and jacket) and spent a few minutes chatting with his friends there before coming out to Comiskey. I have no problem with that. It's nice to have a GM with connections and friends around the league - it helps. I'd imagine Dusty will return the favor next time he has a chance and swing by Comiskey for a few minutes.

hose
04-25-2004, 06:04 PM
[BWhy was Kenny Williams at WRIGLEY FIELD this afternoon? Anyone got the 4-1-1 about that? Is KW thinking about stealing a player away from the north side? CBS 2 showed K'Dub there during their 5:30 newscast this evening [/B]

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040425cubsbits,1,139429.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Nick@Nite
04-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Dusty: "Now I've got to show up at White Sox park one day and surprise them." "If," Baker added, "they let me in."

Good luck!

hsnterprize
04-25-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
KW and Dusty Baker are good friends. They are both Sacramento guys and have had a long relationship. KW talks to Dusty a lot, and called him this week to say he was coming to visit. He showed up in Sox clothing, (hat and jacket) and spent a few minutes chatting with his friends there before coming out to Comiskey. I have no problem with that. It's nice to have a GM with connections and friends around the league - it helps. I'd imagine Dusty will return the favor next time he has a chance and swing by Comiskey for a few minutes. Okay...that's cool. Hey, there's nothing wrong with friendship in the midst of rivalry. You have to have good connections to be a head of an MLB team...especially if there's something brewing behind the scenes.

jabrch
04-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Okay...that's cool. Hey, there's nothing wrong with friendship in the midst of rivalry. You have to have good connections to be a head of an MLB team...especially if there's something brewing behind the scenes.

Yeah - GMs are supposed to be friendly with everyone. I don't care if Ozzie likes the Cubs or not - but I want KW able to talk to any of the Cubs management team. Next time they want to trade us a Jon Garland type prospect for a Matt Karchner, I want KW to be able to capitalize on it.

mantis1212
04-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Does anyone suspect the timing of this right after all of Ozzie's comments? Might be trying to make the organization look a little friendlier...

DSpivack
04-25-2004, 07:32 PM
:whocares

Whitesox029
04-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
:whocares
'nuff said I think