PDA

View Full Version : Stat Of The Week


Lip Man 1
04-25-2004, 06:40 PM
From the 'official' White Sox web site...."It was the 10th straight solo shot for the White Sox. " (Talking about Uribe's home run)

Lip

gosox3072
04-25-2004, 07:08 PM
Ouch :(:

LittleBears Suck
04-25-2004, 07:14 PM
I wonder how much of that is due to poor baserunning.

kermittheefrog
04-25-2004, 07:58 PM
I wonder how much is due to Kenny Williams ignoring on base percentage.

DSpivack
04-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I wonder how much is due to Kenny Williams ignoring on base percentage.

What do you mean? I thought Wee Willie was a great leadoff hitter.

FarWestChicago
04-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
From the 'official' White Sox web site...."It was the 10th straight solo shot for the White Sox. " (Talking about Uribe's home run)

Lip Sox win, Lip looks for a dark cloud. Right up there with death and taxes...

:threadsucks

doublem23
04-25-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Sox win, Lip looks for a dark cloud. Right up there with death and taxes...

:threadsucks

Agreed. What I'd more like to know is how many times has Carlos Lee been picked off in the ninth inning in games when the score is a 3-run swing? If Juan Uribe wants to hit a solo shot every game for the rest of the year, that's fine with me, as long as the Sox pick up the win.

jeremyb1
04-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Sox win, Lip looks for a dark cloud. Right up there with death and taxes...

No, I think that Lip actually made a great point here. Williams has done a terrible job with acquiring guys capable of getting on base during his tenure. Right now we're 19th in the majors (9th in the AL) with 63 walks and Frank has accounted for 17 of those.

kermittheefrog
04-25-2004, 08:47 PM
I sure hate agreeing with Lip but I have to here. How many games like this are we going to win? The team has a serious issue with getting on base. If we continue to not get a lot of baserunners it will be difficult to score runs.

Paulwny
04-25-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
How many games like this are we going to win?

Agree, not many.

batmanZoSo
04-25-2004, 09:26 PM
One person who's really bothering me lately is Magglio. His at-bats have been just terrible. He's swinging at everything over his head and inside on pitches that are missing their spots by over a foot. He seems to be clueless over what he's gonna get up there so he's just swinging at everything he sees. He needs to take pitches if he wants to be paid big money. I'd rather he strike out 100 times and walk 100 times than strikeout 70 and walk 50. He always makes contact, which is a bad thing when he's not going good because everything is on the ground. At least when you strikeout, it's only one out.

soxownthechubs
04-25-2004, 09:38 PM
You can't forget that the Sox have so many solo shots because of the aggressiveness on those near-gappers, stretching the ho-hum single into a tight double, which then allows for move-him-over, drive-him-in type baseball, not the longball that we've grown accustomed to from the Sox. I'd be glad to see more solo shots than grand slams any day of the week, as long as the box score showed a few extra base hits and the stats showed a high RISP average.

FarWestChicago
04-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1


No, I think that Lip actually made a great point here. Williams has done a terrible job with acquiring guys capable of getting on base during his tenure. Right now we're 19th in the majors (9th in the AL) with 63 walks and Frank has accounted for 17 of those.


Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I sure hate agreeing with Lip but I have to here. How many games like this are we going to win? The team has a serious issue with getting on base. If we continue to not get a lot of baserunners it will be difficult to score runs. Yeah, and the world may end tomorrow, too. If one doesn't enjoy the good times, one will be miserable all the time...

PaleHoseGeorge
04-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Save the pissing and moaning for games we lose, okay? It's not like we ever have to wait too long following this outfit.

:bandance:

cheeses_h_rice
04-25-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yeah, and the world may end tomorrow, too. If one doesn't enjoy the good times, one will be miserable all the time...

:ohno

And we wouldn't have it any other way, FWC...