PDA

View Full Version : 2B

NSSoxFan2
04-25-2004, 05:35 PM
Alright guys, I have a question for you all:

Who should be our 2B when Manos returns?

Even though I believe Harris has great potential, I don't believe he will ever reach it.

That leaves us with Uribe, streaky with the bat, questionable on the defense.

Is this a position that can be filled by one of these two, if so, who do you like. Or is it something KW will be looking for by July 31st? And if that is the case, who is your top choice??

Daver
04-25-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by NSSoxFan2
. Or is it something KW will be looking for by July 31st? And if that is the case, who is your top choice??

Alex Rodriguez.

CyYoung5621
04-25-2004, 05:39 PM
I really really like Uribe's performance thus far.

NSSoxFan2
04-25-2004, 05:41 PM
I would pick Uribe also.

MRKARNO
04-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Jose Vidro or Luis Castillo

batmanZoSo
04-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Jose Vidro or Luis Castillo

I don't know about Castillo, he and Uribe are identical twins. Not so much in the face, but their physiques, their swings and the way they both always have their shirt hanging out the back. Ozzie might switch their positions on the lineup card :smile:

NSSoxFan2
04-25-2004, 05:54 PM
I really love the idea of Jose Vidro. The Expos seem to give give their great players (Vazquez, etc.) for a very low price. I even believe that a few minor leaguers would do it. Wonder if KW is thinking the same way.

MRKARNO
04-25-2004, 05:57 PM
I really love the idea of Jose Vidro. The Expos seem to give give their great players (Vazquez, etc.) for a very low price. I even believe that a few minor leaguers would do it. Wonder if KW is thinking the same way.

The Expos are looking to salvage players at this point to keep them attractive for a potential buyer. I think it's going to be harder to pry Vidro than many think, but I would still love to see him a White Sox uniform

Railsplitter
04-25-2004, 08:38 PM
I would pick Uribe also.

Especially if he works on his defense.

mdep524
04-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Gotta go with Vidro, if he is available, and it's hard to imagine he won't be. Harris clearly isn't the answer at the plate, and to be honest his defense has been less than stellar as well (good range, but bad hands.) Uribe's looked good, but I'm not totally sold on him yet.

kittle42
04-26-2004, 01:55 AM
How about prying Walker or "Mark G.," as Harry used to call him, from our beloved neighbors? Once the latter is back, they really don't need both of them, though I suppose they never really did.

SSN721
04-26-2004, 06:57 AM
Personally I am fine sticking with Willie at this point. He isnt hurting use defensively at all, I think he is pretty good in that area. Offensively I know he hasnt been phenomenal but I still think he can come around and am willing to give him another month or two before I completely call for his head. But I would love to see Vidro playing second if they could manage to get him from the Spos relatively cheap.