View Full Version : Sunday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
04-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Tied the game and kept hope alive.

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/6213.jpg

Will I ever get a tag?

Nard
04-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Dude doesn't even have an MLB.com profile.

ode to veeck
04-25-2004, 05:01 PM
nice piece of hitting there, efficent use of limited game time for the PTC too

batmanZoSo
04-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Tied the game and kept hope alive.

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/6213.jpg

Will I ever get a tag?

I disagree. Uribe drove in three runs, including a great at bat to win it with a walk. I didn't make a pick either, so I don't have an "agenda" here.

Daver
04-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
I disagree. Uribe drove in three runs, including a great at bat to win it with a walk. I didn't make a pick either, so I don't have an "agenda" here.

Disagreements with the umpire are traditionally settled with a duel,elephant guns at a thousand paces.

What day can I pencil you in for?

doublem23
04-25-2004, 05:26 PM

Uribe never would have gotten to drive in that last run had Dransfeldt not gotten that huge hit. Especially since I was on the edge of my couch, cursing Ozzie out for sending Kelly to the plate in the first place.

CubKilla
04-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Especially since I was on the edge of my couch, cursing Ozzie out for sending Kelly to the plate in the first place.

I actually felt more comfortable with Dransfeldt in that position than I would have been with Harris.

BTW..... Harris had a good day today :gulp:

doublem23
04-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I actually felt more comfortable with Dransfeldt in that position than I would have been with Harris.

BTW..... Harris had a good day today :gulp:

I would have too, 'cept Kelly was pinch hitting for Timo who was pinch hitting for Rowand.

batmanZoSo
04-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Uribe never would have gotten to drive in that last run had Dransfeldt not gotten that huge hit. Especially since I was on the edge of my couch, cursing Ozzie out for sending Kelly to the plate in the first place.

You have a right to your opinion.

jabrch
04-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Disagreements with the umpire are traditionally settled with a duel,elephant guns at a thousand paces.

What day can I pencil you in for?

That response never gets old. I chuckle at it EVERY TIME.

Daver
04-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
That response never gets old. I chuckle at it EVERY TIME.

Ever notice that no one wants to commit to a day?

:)

batmanZoSo
04-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Ever notice that no one wants to commit to a day?

:)

Ok then. Let's do it July 17th, 1882.

voodoochile
04-25-2004, 05:46 PM

"Shooting" for a day before elephant guns were invented?

StockdaleForVeep
04-25-2004, 05:50 PM

John smith 1882?

"and remember kids, guns dont kill people, dangerous minorities do."

http://abyss.hubbe.net/gfx/covers/jtv/lg/ep/s1/110-shotgun-lg.jpg

SEALgep
04-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Just curious, did anyone pick Dransfeldt and actually win today?

mweflen
04-25-2004, 10:52 PM
I personally would have picked Uribe as well.

He had 2 RBI, his homer kept Sox hopes alive in the middle doldrums of the game, and he had a great final at-bat.

But I give Kelly his props, too. that hit was HUGE.

SEALgep
04-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by mweflen
I personally would have picked Uribe as well.

He had 2 RBI, his homer kept Sox hopes alive in the middle doldrums of the game, and he had a great final at-bat.

But I give Kelly his props, too. that hit was HUGE. Especially when he was just brought up. Only helps the chemistry when a guy contributes and helps win a game, fresh on the team. Should help him relax and play well until Valentin's return. If he continues to produce, Valentin can relax and make sure he's healthy before returning as well,

mweflen
04-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Piniella was none too kind in 'congratulating' Dransfeldt. He essentially said that giving him an 0-2 pitch to hit was disgraceful, because he was a young call-up who probably would have swung at anything. (Kelly D. is not particularly young, btw)

I was pretty irritated freezing my tookus off at the game and having Piniella play musical pitchers in the 9th. In addition to a Sox win, I'm quite glad it backfired on him.

Whitesox029
04-25-2004, 11:30 PM
:walnuts
3-for-4 with a HR, including a hit in the ninth which turned out to be the tying run in the form of Ross Gload. This was after the perceived loss of momentum that was Lee's being picked off. Pencil me in for that duel tomorrow morning at dawn down at the old shed.
Disclaimer: I am not genuinely angry because I realize this is a trivial matter, and am preserving my dignity and reputation as a non-whiner by using teal in the above scheduling agreement.

batmanZoSo
04-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
:walnuts
3-for-4 with a HR, including a hit in the ninth which turned out to be the tying run in the form of Ross Gload. This was after the perceived loss of momentum that was Lee's being picked off. Pencil me in for that duel tomorrow morning at dawn down at the old shed.
Disclaimer: I am not genuinely angry because I realize this is a trivial matter, and am preserving my dignity and reputation as a non-whiner by using teal in the above scheduling agreement.

Disagreeing is a no-no. No excuses there. Shame on you. It's not like this is supposed to be opinion-based sports talk or anything.

kermittheefrog
04-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Come on, give it to Uribe or Konerko. It's not like Kelly hit the ball out the ballpark.

Whitesox029
04-26-2004, 05:39 PM
well he ain't gonna change it...I was just making a point....like when a manager comes out to argue a call--there's next to 0% chance the ump's going to change his call.

ode to veeck
04-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Just curious, did anyone pick Dransfeldt and actually win today?

:cleo

"Not even I couda got THAT one!"