PDA

View Full Version : Thomas boycotts the media

Deadguy
04-24-2004, 12:56 PM
I hope Frank takes a page from Albert Belle's book, and makes this a permanent move. Honestly, nothing good has ever come from Thomas talking to the media, but I doubt this will last last more than a couple of weeks:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040423&content_id=727696&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

DrummerGeorgefan
04-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Just like last night, Frank should do all his talking with his bat. Get the hits and you wont need to kiss up to the media.

voodoochile
04-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Yeah, Frank. Play hard to get and then make yourself the most beautiful player you can. The media will be pounding on your door to write something good about you.

TornLabrum
04-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Yeah, Frank. Play hard to get and then make yourself the most beautiful player you can. The media will be pounding on your door to write something good about you.

You mean like they have in the past when he hasn't talked to them?

voodoochile
04-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
You mean like they have in the past when he hasn't talked to them?

He has to stick with it for longer than 6 months. Maybe Frank needs to hire one of them to pen his autobiography. Grease the skids - buy a little positive press.

MarqSox
04-24-2004, 02:11 PM
If Thomas doesn't go out of his way to improve his relationship with the media -- and soon -- he's going to find himself left out of Cooperstown.

TornLabrum
04-24-2004, 06:38 PM
He has to stick with it for longer than 6 months. Maybe Frank needs to hire one of them to pen his autobiography. Grease the skids - buy a little positive press.

I agree with you. He needs to turn into Eddie Murray.

MRKARNO
04-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Frank Thomas should be a sure Hall of Famer. If the Media decides to keep him out, I think the Veterans comittee might have the common sense to put him in as their first selection in a while (or the first ever I think)

Deadguy
04-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
If Thomas doesn't go out of his way to improve his relationship with the media -- and soon -- he's going to find himself left out of Cooperstown.

I doubt it. The media has voted Thomas the MVP in two different seasons, and he was voted as one of the three most valuable players in the league on three other occassions (1991, 1997, and 2000).

He's finished in the top 10 in the MVP voting in 8 seperate seasons (Magglio's had just 1 8th place finish, for comparison's sake).

I don't know of anyone with those credentials who wasn't a first ballot HOFer, let alone left out of the HOF altogether (although Jim Rice had 5 Top 5 finishes).

Jeremy
04-25-2004, 06:50 PM
this is complete BS. Whenever Thomas doesn't want to talk to the media then he is labled a cry-baby... whenever Prior doesn't talk to the media, it is understandable.

F the Cubs.

Rex Hudler
04-25-2004, 11:57 PM

Frank saying he is not talking to the media is like the guy who is always swearing off drinking. It never sticks and when he goes back to it he does something stupid. It's like a broken record over the years......