PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Idea

batmanZoSo
04-23-2004, 11:45 PM
This is kind of a bad time to pitch this after a crowd that rivaled the Bozo show in its hey-day, but if we get into an attendance roll and draw 30,000 night or at least have the lower bowl filled completely every night, we gotta start giving out white tube socks and/or selling them for the fans to wave (much like the Terrible Towels in Pittsburgh).

The Sox are always looking for an identity being cast aside by the media and playing in a "much-maligned" (so they say) stadium. The Cardinals fans always wear red to the park. The Angels had those weird sticks a few years ago that everyone talked about. We need to do something like this.

MeanFish
04-23-2004, 11:50 PM
maybe we could do a sock puppet chant? LOL

Actually, that sounds fun...

npdempse
04-24-2004, 01:24 AM
There have been a number of rally sock nights in the past.

Thursday was rally towel night. They came in handy when Politte had a job to do.

soxnut
04-24-2004, 09:43 AM
I don't think the Sox should start giving out white tube sockS until the TEAM IS MADE TO WEAR THEM AND SHOW THEM IN A PROPER MANNER. :angry:

But it would be a great idea. :smile:

Frank the Tank
04-24-2004, 10:07 AM
I think they already tried that idea. About 5 years ago they hired some entertainer, (I think his name was "DJ Dave" or something like that) who used to jump on the dugout and swing a white sock trying to get the crowd to join in. I don't think it went too well.

BeerHandle
04-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
I think they already tried that idea. About 5 years ago they hired some entertainer, (I think his name was "DJ Dave" or something like that) who used to jump on the dugout and swing a white sock trying to get the crowd to join in. I don't think it went too well.

I think it was DJ Stephen. What a joker? He was knocking back beers with us in the parking lot before a Cubs-Sox game. He was suppose to be interviewing people in the parking lot.

Orta 4-6-3
04-24-2004, 11:30 AM
I remember vendors selling white tube socks for a dollar the night the Sox clinched the division (via Bo Jackson's homer) in 1993. :gulp:

DrummerGeorgefan
04-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Yep, I was at that 93 game. We didnt buy the socks, I just took off my own. It was cold, but I didnt care.