PDA

View Full Version : When will teams start drilling Jeter?

RedPinStripes
04-23-2004, 07:53 PM
I cant even think of a number of times when i see Jeter starring at a pitcher after a K like he's the *******. I saw him looking over at Schoenweise or Harris last night after a chopper back to the mound. He's a cry baby about everything. Acts as if he's on a different level. I cant belive pitchers have not tried to take his head off. I know i would. Sit your ass down and think about what you did wrong!

MetalliSox
04-23-2004, 08:34 PM
I'd rather drill a Devil Ray tonight. We had 2 or 3 guys hit last week, then Konerko againt tonight. Unintentional or not, get your control down.

FarWestChicago
04-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I cant even think of a number of times when i see Jeter starring at a pitcher after a K like he's the *******. I saw him looking over at Schoenweise or Harris last night after a chopper back to the mound. He's a cry baby about everything. Acts as if he's on a different level. I cant belive pitchers have not tried to take his head off. I know i would. Sit your ass down and think about what you did wrong! Red, if they won't drill Sham-ME I doubt they'll drill anybody. Very sad...

HomeFish
04-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Giving up a free baserunner to the Yankee offense is pretty stupid, even if they're not yet hitting at full capacity.

santo=dorf
04-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Does anyone else get annoyed when Jeter throws his bat after making contact?

RedPinStripes
04-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
Does anyone else get annoyed when Jeter throws his bat after making contact?

The constant "Camera smurk" is what drives me nuts. The Jeter cam in one of 5 world series i've seen him in is what started all this for me.

RedPinStripes
04-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
Giving up a free baserunner to the Yankee offense is pretty stupid, even if they're not yet hitting at full capacity.

In the last series yeah, I never said when are the Sox going to start hitting him. Need a big lead, be down by a lot or need a dp. Jeter just needs to be drilled for glaring at pitchers when he screws up.

HomeFish
04-23-2004, 10:17 PM
My favorite Jeter moment this year was the delayed strike call the second game. Jeter had gone through all of the usual pre-stroll ceremonies and had taken a few steps towards first when that hand went up. Classic.

Pity the A-Rod homer ruined that inning...

jordan23ventura
04-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Hey! That bar is awesome!

owensmouth
04-23-2004, 11:25 PM
A little "rib-tickler" can be delightful. It also is more efficient than a 8 or 9 pitch walk.

LASOXFAN
04-23-2004, 11:30 PM
He is without a doubt the most arrogant clutch hitter in the league.

oldcomiskey
04-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Dwight Evans used to the do the same thing--Im wondering when somebodys gonna drill Nomar for being the secomd coming of Mike Hargrove---also John Kruk had an intersting article on Matt Lawton et al watching home runs et al on ESPNs second page the other day

sas1974
04-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by HomeFish

Exactly. It doesn't make any sense to put guys on ahead of those big sluggers, but....

DJ does, of course, play short. If he wants to stare down our guys, let's see how much staring he'll be doing if he decides to stay in there a little too long while trying to turn two. To me, this is a better way to send a message, especially to a middle infielder. Not trying to hurt anyone, just sending a message - loud and very clear.

gosox41
04-24-2004, 11:44 AM
I cant even think of a number of times when i see Jeter starring at a pitcher after a K like he's the *******. I saw him looking over at Schoenweise or Harris last night after a chopper back to the mound. He's a cry baby about everything. Acts as if he's on a different level. I cant belive pitchers have not tried to take his head off. I know i would. Sit your ass down and think about what you did wrong!

I think the better question is when will teams start drilling Sosa. Between the home run hop and his little salute to his mother (whatever) he is the biggest show off and hot dog in the game. I can't believe guys with attitude like Schilling and Johnson let him get away with that crap.

Bob

jabrch
04-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I think the better question is when will teams start drilling Sosa. Between the home run hop and his little salute to his mother (whatever) he is the biggest show off and hot dog in the game. I can't believe guys with attitude like Schilling and Johnson let him get away with that crap.

Bob

If people don't drill Bonds with his stare, they aren't gonna drill Sammy with his hop. That is something I like/respect very much about our guys (Maggs and Frank in particular) is that they don't showboat at all. Hit the bleeping ball, and get back into the dugout. Celebrate with your teammates for the sake of celebration, but dont do it on camera just for the "show"

sas1974
04-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
If people don't drill Bonds with his stare, they aren't gonna drill Sammy with his hop. That is something I like/respect very much about our guys (Maggs and Frank in particular) is that they don't showboat at all. Hit the bleeping ball, and get back into the dugout. Celebrate with your teammates for the sake of celebration, but dont do it on camera just for the "show"

Although it's not as common and far less insulting to opposing pitchers, I have seen Maggs watch a few of his bombs. Worlds apart from "the bunny hop." I am going to very excited to see shamme square off against The Rocket on a regular basis this season.

gosox41
04-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Although it's not as common and far less insulting to opposing pitchers, I have seen Maggs watch a few of his bombs. Worlds apart from "the bunny hop." I am going to very excited to see shamme square off against The Rocket on a regular basis this season.

Clemens has guts, but I bet even he won't go after Sammy. Of course he doesn't I'll question his manhood. He'll nail Piazza in the head and throw part of a bat at him. Hopefully he goes after Sammy with a vengeance.

Bob

Paulwny
04-25-2004, 08:43 PM

Let sleeping dogs lie, right now Jeter is hitting ~.175, 0 for 4 today with 3 k's, loudly booed after last k, looks lost at the plate.

Nick@Nite
04-25-2004, 08:48 PM
I heard today that Jeter is in a 0-24 slump.

RedPinStripes
04-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Exactly. It doesn't make any sense to put guys on ahead of those big sluggers, but....

DJ does, of course, play short. If he wants to stare down our guys, let's see how much staring he'll be doing if he decides to stay in there a little too long while trying to turn two. To me, this is a better way to send a message, especially to a middle infielder. Not trying to hurt anyone, just sending a message - loud and very clear.

It's part of baseball. People get drilled. And you wont tell the best pitchers that ever lived that it's "dumb". There's always the right time for a bean ball to send a message. If there wasnt, managers and pitchers wouldnt call for it.

Nard
04-25-2004, 10:23 PM
The best Jeter moment this year was Shingo getting a backwards K on him. Jeter was acting a fool.

But you're right. With hitters like Jeter, I don't see why you would go through the process of the intentional walk. Just hit the ****er's head off! Even if you miss a few times, you still get four shots at that metrosexual ****.

And what's he gonna do about it? Run up to you and insult your hairstyle and skin moisture condition?