PDA

View Full Version : Gload

SEALgep
04-23-2004, 05:18 PM
12. R Gload
TEAM POS G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SBCS OBP SLG AVG
CWS OF 10 17 3 6 2 0 0 3 8 1 3 0 .450 .471 .353

This guy has been doing very well for us, which continues from ST. I'm glad to have him as an off the bench first baseman/DH/outfielder. He has a lot of speed for the positions he plays. I'm not saying I want to get rid of anyone, but if for some reason PK was traded, what are your thoughts of this guy taking over at first? Keep in mind, he is supposedly a defensive machine over there at first. I don't want to get rid of PK, I'm jut curious. If he were traded, I would feel comfortable with Gload taking his spot.

mweflen
04-23-2004, 05:22 PM
For right now, this definitely appears to be an option. If Gload continues to perform at this level, it's hard to see how KW could hold onto PK's somewhat overpriced contract when he has a league-minimum replacement in the wings.

But it's early...

SEALgep
04-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by mweflen

But it's early... I meant to point that out, but he has produced well throughout the minors. That is surely a concern, but for whatever reason, I would still be okay with it.

mweflen
04-23-2004, 05:30 PM
he's definitely paid his dues in the minors. and he does have a solid history. i'd feel a lot more comfy relying on him at 1B than a guy with a shorter and spottier history like Willie at 2B...

voodoochile
04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm still not convinced that PK is back. He is off to a nice start, but RH pitchers are giving him fits. His .270 OBP and .714 OPS are hardly stellar and though it is a small sample size, you can see the difference in his swings which are much more defensive against RHP and he is driving the ball into the ground repeatedly from what I have seen. Since that will be the main form of pitcher he will face this year, I wouldn't mind them moving him at all.

Gload adds a nice LH bat to the lineup too.

habibharu
04-23-2004, 07:10 PM
i think gload could definitely handle playing 1b or DH on a regular basis

DrCrawdad
04-23-2004, 07:31 PM
I love The Gloadinator!

beckett21
04-23-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I love The Gloadinator!

Save me a seat on the bandwagon!

Dr C, I LOVE the nickname--did you come up with it yourself?? That's all I call him now!! :)

DrCrawdad
04-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by beckett21
Save me a seat on the bandwagon!

Dr C, I LOVE the nickname--did you come up with it yourself?? That's all I call him now!! :)

It's mine. All mine.

:)

beckett21
04-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
It's mine. All mine.

:)

Fine work, Doc. It's a winner for sure!

You better copyright that baby, just in case! :D:

depy48
04-24-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm tempted to feel as though the Sox should trade PK and put Gload as the fulltime firstbaseman....
i'm not too sure about that yet though :?:

DrCrawdad
04-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by beckett21
Fine work, Doc. It's a winner for sure!

You better copyright that baby, just in case! :D:

One of our resident artists should make a The Gloadinator jpg (or gif for that matter). Perhaps they could take one of the following Gladiator posters, drop Gload's head in and change the "Gladiator" to "Gloadinator."

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00003CXE7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://popi73.hihome.com/popi/gladiator.jpg
This image was way too large, so click here for full-size image... (http://www.azerbaijancinema.com/wallpapers/gladiator.jpg)

whitesoxwilkes
04-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Had a similar thought relating to movies, Crawdad: I'd like to make a "White Sox:Regloaded" tag for my sig using a "Matrix Reloaded" poster.