PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Sales

E Coast Sox Fan
04-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Based on the WGN telecast last night, it looked like Comiskey (I refuse to use the new name) was pretty full on a cold night.

Does anyone know how ticket sales look? Given our early success, can we expect decent crowds this weekend?

steff
04-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by E Coast Sox Fan
Based on the WGN telecast last night, it looked like Comiskey (I refuse to use the new name) was pretty full on a cold night.

Does anyone know how ticket sales look? Given our early success, can we expect decent crowds this weekend?

34K there last night, IIRC. Just over 90K for the series. Not bad at all for the nasty weather.

na_na_na_na
04-23-2004, 02:28 PM
An interesting feature of the espn Stat packs is that they show the teams average home attendance the sox are currently 20th with 26,139 average

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/features/statpack

Hangar18
04-23-2004, 02:30 PM
I will say this ................. Ive done an Unofficial Poll of people that were Former Season Ticket Holders from Last Year, and Backed Out after Reinsdorfs Comments (regarding come to park first and MAYBE they'll get more players later). Everyone seems to have CUTBACK also, and gotten the SOX9 plan ........

Hangar18
04-23-2004, 02:35 PM
I feel like a tool for not getting the SOX9 plan now ..........

E Coast Sox Fan
04-23-2004, 03:02 PM
What was the average ticket sales per game last season? Where did the Sox rank vs. other teams?

ewokpelts
04-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I feel like a tool for not getting the SOX9 plan now ..........

henry.....according to jerry, ur a tool for not renewing
Gene

ewokpelts
04-23-2004, 03:05 PM
What was the average ticket sales per game last season? Where did the Sox rank vs. other teams?

middle of the pack

Brian26
04-23-2004, 03:06 PM

I hate to say this, but I have a feeling this weekend will be mediocre, at best, attendance-wise. The weather is supposed to be chilly, and we're playing Tampa Bay.

npdempse
04-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I will say this ................. Ive done an Unofficial Poll of people that were Former Season Ticket Holders from Last Year, and Backed Out after Reinsdorfs Comments (regarding come to park first and MAYBE they'll get more players later). Everyone seems to have CUTBACK also, and gotten the SOX9 plan ........

I saw a bunch of old faces in their same seats in 159 last night. Only the WEAK gave up in the end, those who just were in it for the chance at ASG tickets or the deranged curmudgeons :smile:

bafiarocks03
04-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Yes it was very very cold!!! i sat in the upper deck!! They said at the box office that it was all sold out on the bottom!! I guess the right attendence on teh board!! i was very happy!! i got most of the games right!!

thepaulbowski
04-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I hate to say this, but I have a feeling this weekend will be mediocre, at best, attendance-wise. The weather is supposed to be chilly, and we're playing Tampa Bay.

and the Cubs are at home. Why they schedule them both at the same is absolutely stupid. I don't understand it, that use to never happen. It doesn't make very good business sense for MLB to do this.

hold2dibber
04-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
middle of the pack

Actually, there were 21st out of 30 teams (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance?sort=home_avg&year=2003&seasonType=2), averaging just a hair under 24,000/game.

BeerHandle
04-23-2004, 03:45 PM
With all the bad weather, I think the attendance has been pretty good.

I got soaked on Tuesday and froze last night.