PDA

View Full Version : Wow

NSSoxFan2
04-23-2004, 02:36 PM
I know there is a thread going on about the Moron column today, but I need to vent.

Alright, I have never been a huge fan of the Moron. Sometimes I have actually agreed with him. But from todays article, I am furious. It was obvious before that he hates the Sox, but today it hit a boiling point. Any baseball fan, hardcore or casual, would tell you that USCF is a GREAT place to watch a game. Just on Wednesday I was listening to a Yankee fan, who was knowledgeable, say how much he has loved to watch games in USCF, BEFORE and after reconstruction.

As far as the other parts of the article:
1)JR has his faults, but WHY rip on the guy for trying to fix his mistakes. I'm sure if moron had enough resources to fix a mistake, he'd start with a whole face reconstruction.

2)Get the Sox off of ESPN radio, I know not until the contract is up, but MAN! I remember before the sCrUBS had their thing last year, that radio station was ALL SOX. Sox commercials, Sox everything. Now its CUBS/Sox commercials. REDICULOUS.

joeynach
04-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by NSSoxFan2
I know there is a thread going on about the Moron column today, but I need to vent.

Alright, I have never been a huge fan of the Moron. Sometimes I have actually agreed with him. But from todays article, I am furious. It was obvious before that he hates the Sox, but today it hit a boiling point. Any baseball fan, hardcore or casual, would tell you that USCF is a GREAT place to watch a game. Just on Wednesday I was listening to a Yankee fan, who was knowledgeable, say how much he has loved to watch games in USCF, BEFORE and after reconstruction.

As far as the other parts of the article:
1)JR has his faults, but WHY rip on the guy for trying to fix his mistakes. I'm sure if moron had enough resources to fix a mistake, he'd start with a whole face reconstruction.

2)Get the Sox off of ESPN radio, I know not until the contract is up, but MAN! I remember before the sCrUBS had their thing last year, that radio station was ALL SOX. Sox commercials, Sox everything. Now its CUBS/Sox commercials. REDICULOUS.

I totally agree with Mariotti on a lot of this but man talk about giving off a negative vibe to a team thats winning. Its obvios JR screwed up on the stadium and obvious he shouldn't have been alllowed to help design the park. But to Mariotti i say, hey man the phases of rennovations were announce and paid for before the naming rights deal. Only after the deal did the team announce more rennovations and the $$ to pay for them. I mean yeah its JR fault to begin with for a dwindling fan base ala 1994 strike and 1997 white flag, but this has nothing to do with the 2004 season. In fact a highlight of the season was an admission by the sox that the stadium had a flaw and its subsequent renovation to fix it. Ya know what MR. Mariotti if you are a sox fan you look past all the politcal and econimcal garbage and you support your team. Its called being a fan, i love my sox, i suggest you try the same.

CubKilla
04-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
But to Mariotti i say, hey man the phases of rennovations were announce and paid for before the naming rights deal. Only after the deal did the team announce more rennovations and the $$ to pay for them.

Those renovations prior to the naming rights deal were only done because the State used money earmarked for the Soldier Field Renovation to pay for the slight Comiskey Park renovations. None of the renovations have cost JR one dime.

soxnut
04-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Those renovations prior to the naming rights deal were only done because the State used money earmarked for the Soldier Field Renovation to pay for the slight Comiskey Park renovations. None of the renovations have cost JR one dime.

So what, tax money ends up getting wasted on other bullcrap anyway. So I'm glad I get to enjoy the ballpark.

bennyw41
04-23-2004, 03:36 PM
I wonder if Mariotti will ever fess up to why he hates JR so much. I don't believe for a second that he is just sticking up for the sox fans, because he just has some sort of personal vendetta against JR. I wonder what happened. I think JR should come out and say something, and that would blast that loser away.

CubKilla
04-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
So what, tax money ends up getting wasted on other bullcrap anyway. So I'm glad I get to enjoy the ballpark.

Let JR fix his own mistakes. Use that money on rehabbing schools that are shambles or to put more cops on the street or to repair aging City and State infrastructure, etc.

CubKilla
04-23-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
I wonder if Mariotti will ever fess up to why he hates JR so much. I don't believe for a second that he is just sticking up for the sox fans, because he just has some sort of personal vendetta against JR. I wonder what happened. I think JR should come out and say something, and that would blast that loser away.

JR and Marrioti are hated equally by me. To hell with both of them.

SEALgep
04-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Let JR fix his own mistakes. Use that money on rehabbing schools that are shambles or to put more cops on the street or to repair aging City and State infrastructure, etc. JR uses a lot of his own money to help the community, including a Boy's Club, renovating crumby ball parks for kids, among other stuff. He may be considered cheap as far as the team is considered, although I'm not in full agreement with that, but he is generous with the community.

SpartanSoxFan
04-23-2004, 03:50 PM
I wish someone would call into his stupid radio show and tell him how bad he alone is making the attendance at USCF suffer!!!!! He may not like Uncle Jerry, but him ripping into the stadium in every stupid column he writes is killing us. The casual fan reads that crap and is scared stupid to venture out to USCF and its "scary" upper deck. Too bad the reality of the situation is the upper deck is beautifully redone and he probably would actually like sitting up there if he would actually get his dumb ass to the park. Oh well.

soxnut
04-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Let JR fix his own mistakes. Use that money on rehabbing schools that are shambles or to put more cops on the street or to repair aging City and State infrastructure, etc.

Well, I can agree with some of that. But a know I've heard stories about all the school supplies, computers etc, that have been in storage for years, just wasting away, so I wonder where else there is waste that we don't see................