PDA

View Full Version : When will Frank be back in the line up?

Palehose13
04-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Anyone know?

SEALgep
04-23-2004, 11:42 AM
As soon as Frank tells Ozzie he's 100%. This is according to Ozzie. Quite possibly this weekend series.

joeynach
04-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
As soon as Frank tells Ozzie he's 100%. This is according to Ozzie. Quite possibly this weekend series.

The last i heard on the radio they wanted to give him at least a week, so i heard by monday.

kermittheefrog
04-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Is he available as a pinch hitter at all?

sas1974
04-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Is he available as a pinch hitter at all?

They kept mentioning that he was "on the bench" last night when talking about potential pinch hitters, but it seems like a awfully bad idea to bring someone w/ a sore muscle off the bench when it's 45 degrees out. Although I suppose he could warm up in the cages.

Fungo
04-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Frank who?

As long as Gload stays relatively hot, let Frank rest till it's completely healed. I don't want this thing to be nagging him all year.

Palehose13
04-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Fungo
Frank who?

As long as Gload stays relatively hot, let Frank rest till it's completely healed. I don't want this thing to be nagging him all year.

Well, I was looking fro Gload to possibly relieve Konerko. Frank is on my fantasy team, that is why I am anxious to find out his return.

soxtalker
04-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Fungo
Frank who?

I agree. However, I suspect that even if Gload continues to hit well, he won't have the same impact on the players batting near him in the order as Frank. He also probably doesn't make the pitchers spend as many pitches as Frank does. Having said that, I think that we definitely don't want to risk Frank injuring himself even more severely, so it is best for him to rest. If Gload can show quality at bats, so much the better.

jabrch
04-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Well, I was looking fro Gload to possibly relieve Konerko. Frank is on my fantasy team, that is why I am anxious to find out his return.

I doubt Gload will replace PK - PK is hitting. If we are to have any hope of moving his contract, he has to be in the lineup every day. Gload can play CF, so he might get a game a week out there, possibly a game a week at 1B, and maybe one at DH. That's not terrible. I agree he looks very very good so far, but I don't think he is going to replace PK until we find someone to take his contract. (what a blessing that would be - free up so much money for next year)

compy75
04-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Cbssportsline reports that Frank is indeed in tonight's lineup.

MRKARNO
04-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Barring something freakish, Frank will be back in the lineup in his customary no. 4 spot (funny to say that, isn't it?) at DH