PDA

View Full Version : Guillen on Uribe

batmanZoSo
04-23-2004, 09:16 AM
"If he plays like me, he'll make a lot of money."

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/reinsy.jpg
"Pshh...if you're buyin' maybe!"

What Ozzie means is if he takes base hits and doesn't try to hit 20 homers, he'll become one of the better shortstops in the league (after Valentin's gone of course). I'll make a bold prediction that Uribe will do just that and will "skip town" when he's due for his big contract even though "we tried to come to terms with him."

jabrch
04-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo

What Ozzie means is if he takes base hits and doesn't try to hit 20 homers, he'll become one of the better shortstops in the league (after Valentin's gone of course). I'll make a bold prediction that Uribe will do just that and will "skip town" when he's due for his big contract even though "we tried to come to terms with him."

So what? Heck, if we can get 6 years of performance that would be worthy of him getting "his big contract" out of this guy for what he cost us, I'd be thrilled. 3 years at virtual league minimum, and 3 years of arbitration - fine. I am not yet ready to worry about the days when Juan Uribe is so demanded that he bolts for his big FA deal

kermittheefrog
04-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo

Maybe Ozzie means if Uribe continues to never walk or hit for power he'll make a lot of money.

poorme
04-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
So what? Heck, if we can get 6 years of performance that would be worthy of him getting "his big contract" out of this guy for what he cost us, I'd be thrilled. 3 years at virtual league minimum, and 3 years of arbitration - fine. I am not yet ready to worry about the days when Juan Uribe is so demanded that he bolts for his big FA deal

Well, he's already got 2+ years of major league time.

SEALgep
04-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by poorme
Well, he's already got 2+ years of major league time. Even still, if he proves he can be a pretty good short stop with above average defensive skills and a good bat, he'll still be worth the amount he is to make as a 4th, 5th, and even 6th year man in the league.

jabrch
04-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Even still, if he proves he can be a pretty good short stop with above average defensive skills and a good bat, he'll still be worth the amount he is to make as a 4th, 5th, and even 6th year man in the league.

ok - so 3 more years or so...point still stands

SEALgep
04-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
ok - so 3 more years or so...point still stands I was agreeing with you.