PDA

View Full Version : Rooney and Farmer.

Railsplitter
04-22-2004, 10:54 PM
I like Rooney and Farmer on the radio, but since I work for a major retailer, (I won't tell you it's name, but it begins and ends with the same letter and has the name of a sensory organ in between) and I sometimes work until closing, my car radio is often the first knowledge I have of the game. It's a bit frustrating to be (sometimes) halfway home before I hear a score.

(It's a 15 to 20 minute drive)

Whitesox029
04-22-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
I like Rooney and Farmer on the radio, but since I work for a major retailer, (I won't tell you it's name, but it begins and ends with the same letter and has the name of a sensory organ in between) and I sometimes work until closing, my car radio is often the first knowledge I have of the game. It's a bit frustrating to be (sometimes) halfway home before I hear a score.

Well that tends to be the way it is on the radio all the time. I personally have no beef with Rooney and Farmer...they're better than Hughes and Santo of course.

batmanZoSo
04-22-2004, 11:08 PM
I work for a major retailer, (I won't tell you it's name, but it begins and ends with the same letter and has the name of a sensory organ in between)

Openiso?

seventytwo
04-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
Well that tends to be the way it is on the radio all the time. I personally have no beef with Rooney and Farmer...they're better than Hughes and Santo of course.

I'd rather listen to the indescribably annoying voices of Gilbert Gottfried and Rosie Perez for 3 hours daily than be subjected to Santo and Hughes.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-22-2004, 11:11 PM
yeah sox radio is awesome. i love tuning in and just chillin out in the backyard

nut_stock
04-22-2004, 11:14 PM
I work for this same "mysteroius" large retailer as well, however I'm in a position that I can tell the guys to tune to the TV's to 239 (WGN on dish net) and have the Sox on 30 screens despite being rather close to St. Louis.

Bucktown
04-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Openiso?
Alex, What is Sears?

Bucktown
04-22-2004, 11:23 PM
It's a bit frustrating to be (sometimes) halfway home before I hear a score.

I agree. This is my only complaint about Rooney. They will come back after the break and he will give the attendance, the temperature, the pitchers and every other trivial peice of information without giving the score.

bc2k
04-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Openiso?

:)

batmanZoSo
04-23-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
:)

Really guys, what is the store? Don't make me stay up all night.

Railsplitter
04-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Really guys, what is the store? Don't make me stay up all night.

Bucktown and Nut Stock got it right!

I know Red Barber used to keep an egg timer handy and give the score when the grains ran out. He passed this habit on to a young protegee named Vin Scully.

Paulwny
04-23-2004, 02:26 PM

Wow, Farmer will be disappointed to hear this, he assumes everyone tunes in the game to hear about his latest golf outing.