PDA

View Full Version : Another AL Central Injury...

WinningUgly!
04-22-2004, 02:22 PM
C.C. Sabathia didn't start today because of soreness in his left shoulder. The Indians had him taken in for an MRI.

The team is calling the MRI a precaution. Sabathia had a minor scare with his elbow last April, but he came out of that OK.

CHISOXFAN13
04-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
C.C. Sabathia didn't start today because of soreness in his left shoulder. The Indians had him taken in for an MRI.

The team is calling the MRI a precaution. Sabathia had a minor scare with his elbow last April, but he came out of that OK.

FWIW, Mike Sweeney was also scratched today because of a sore wrist.

I just wish Torri Hunter would get healthy because his replacement, Lew Ford, is crushing the ball.

ChiSox7
04-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
FWIW, Mike Sweeney was also scratched today because of a sore wrist.

I just wish Torri Hunter would get healthy because his replacement, Lew Ford, is crushing the ball.

Seriously. This guy has just as many HR and more RBI and a better OBP and OPS than ANYONE on our team. So do two or three other twins.

CHISOXFAN13
04-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Seriously. This guy has just as many HR and more RBI and a better OBP and OPS than ANYONE on our team. So do two or three other twins.

I hear ya. I was glancing at the boxscore of their game today and couldn't believe the robust averages they are putting up.

DaveIsHere
04-22-2004, 03:00 PM
They are putting up those numbers becaus ethey have been playing Detroit and Cleveland, so there are inflated

doublem23
04-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
They are putting up those numbers becaus ethey have been playing Detroit and Cleveland, so there are inflated

Man, I can't believe how many people don't realize this... The Twins haven't played anyone (don't give me that **** about the Tigers).