PDA

View Full Version : Lower Deck Sold Out For Today's Game.


Rocky Soprano
04-22-2004, 08:36 AM
I just went on Ticketmaster to look for tickets for today and it seems that the Lower Deck is sold out.

Even if I search for only one ticket, it sends me to the upper deck.

Jerko
04-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Great, the bathroom lines will be 300 feet long now instead of the 100 feet they were last night. I think they're selling standing room only tickets for the lower deck, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the upper deck policy.

jabrch
04-22-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Great, the bathroom lines will be 300 feet long now instead of the 100 feet they were last night. I think they're selling standing room only tickets for the lower deck, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the upper deck policy.

I hope that was supposed to be in teal and you weren't complaining that we will have too many fans at the game tonight. I'll be there, but I am in the UD, so I wont be stealing your spot in the bathroom lines.

npdempse
04-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I just went on Ticketmaster to look for tickets for today and it seems that the Lower Deck is sold out.

Even if I search for only one ticket, it sends me to the upper deck.

Ticketmaster stinks; I'd be surprised if you couldn't go to the ticket windows tonight and pick up some tickets for the LD.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
Ticketmaster stinks; I'd be surprised if you couldn't go to the ticket windows tonight and pick up some tickets for the LD.

Check later in the afternoon...like 1:30 or so. Tickets come back. They did yesterday.

Brian26
04-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
Ticketmaster stinks; I'd be surprised if you couldn't go to the ticket windows tonight and pick up some tickets for the LD.

At 6pm last night, there were tickets in the 33rd row right behind home plate. Granted, that's pretty far up, but for a lower deck seat, that's a decent location. You're correct though - don't screw around online. Just go to the box office

jabrch
04-22-2004, 11:21 AM
A lot of times the club holds back tickets for last minute VIPs and then if they aren't spoken for by mid-day, will release them back to ticketmaster. In any case, that is great news, I hope we can get as close to a sellout as possible.

FYI, at 11:20 AM, I went to ticketmaster and put in 2 - best available, and got 105 Row 19 - RCF, over the BP. So there are still pairs of lowers available, but probably not many.

ewokpelts
04-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
I hope that was supposed to be in teal and you weren't complaining that we will have too many fans at the game tonight. I'll be there, but I am in the UD, so I wont be stealing your spot in the bathroom lines.

He's saying why even bother barricading ud ticketholders(cuz the sox claim they make life harder for ld ticketholders) when you havea buch of people who dont even have seats crowding up the concourse?

BUT........I just realized why they would sell SRO tickets.....they can sell them for more than UD tix.\
Gene

bobj4400
04-22-2004, 02:54 PM
What is the deal with SRO tickets for the Lower Deck?? It doesnt seem necessary...

jabrch
04-22-2004, 03:36 PM
How much do they get for SRO Lowers?

sas1974
04-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
What is the deal with SRO tickets for the Lower Deck?? It doesnt seem necessary...

For the sake of getting people to sit in the upper deck, I don't think they should sell SRO until they are completely sold out. On the other hand if you were planning on chillin' up in the fan deck or BPB, then SRO tix might be the way to go.

Jerko
04-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
I hope that was supposed to be in teal and you weren't complaining that we will have too many fans at the game tonight. I'll be there, but I am in the UD, so I wont be stealing your spot in the bathroom lines.

You can never have "too many fans", that's not what I meant.
I was at the game last night and the lines for the bathroom were SO long, an usher actually checked to see if I had a "standing room only" ticket or else I had to "leave the concourse". I was in line for the bathroom at the time, that's how long the line was. All night. My point is this: if the Sox are gonna implement their UD policy so the lower deck doesn't get overcrowded, why are they selling "standing room" tickets for the same area they're keeping the upper deck people out of? I had an usher check my ticket twice while I was sitting in my seat while the game was going on, not even between innings, and again in the bathroom line. I had 4 $29 dollar tickets and I'm getting hassled for being on the concourse waiting in line for the John? I am not complaining but I've been to games with much larger crowds than last night and it was never that bad.

kittle42
04-22-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
You can never have "too many fans", that's not what I meant.
I was at the game last night and the lines for the bathroom were SO long, an usher actually checked to see if I had a "standing room only" ticket or else I had to "leave the concourse".

I don't know what the ushers at the Cell have up their rearends, but it's obviously been up there for a long time.

Brian26
04-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
I don't know what the ushers at the Cell have up their rearends, but it's obviously been up there for a long time.

And if they are worried about too many people because of fire code or some other reason, they need to stop selling SRO tickets for the lower deck. How insane is that? What if everyone in the park decided to use the bathroom at the same time? Are they not going to allow people on the concourse?

batmanZoSo
04-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Ticket master freakin sucks. I remember getting tickets in advance for the second home game of 2001 and the dumb broad said the best available was 5th row upper deck behind the plate...and it turned out there were 17,000 people there, and visibly plenty of outfield seats (which I asked for!).

Anyway the game blew chunks, it was 3-0 when I got there Buehrle got rocked, it was just before he got hot and I tripped on a cupholder when I was going to my seat.

This has been your inane memory of the day* :smile:

jabrch
04-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Today's Attendance - 34,040 paid

Plenty of lowers seemed available.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
At 6pm last night, there were tickets in the 33rd row right behind home plate. Granted, that's pretty far up, but for a lower deck seat, that's a decent location. You're correct though - don't screw around online. Just go to the box office

i thought those were only for season ticket holders. how'd you get them?

dllrbll7
04-23-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Today's Attendance - 34,040 paid

Plenty of lowers seemed available.

That is acouple thousand from capacity. I highly doubt there were too many lowers available. Even on opening day it looked like there was alot of LD seats available.

jabrch
04-23-2004, 01:25 AM
Then there were a lot of no-shows for a great game!